Hello all, I have a little technical question but I can't get any help from ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

yeshuawatso no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D00278

T-Mobile Roaming on Cingular

Advertisement

Hello all,

I have a little technical question but I can't get any help from T-Mobile and AT&T told to go "Dick Cheney" myself.

I have an 8700c that use to be with Cingular, I recently had the device unlocked and I left Cingular for T-Mobile.

1.) Tech Support
    2.) It was cheaper
    3.) Bad experiences with Cingular

Well T-Mobile was glad to help me and switched me on to their network with ease. Since then, I have found out that I'm on the edge of T-mobile and AT&T so my phone has a network war all the time.

It often can't decide to pick T-Mobile or AT&T. When the tmo signal does fade out too low, it switches to Cingular's Edge. Now here comes the problem:

When I use AT&T's service, many third party applications that require internet usage no longer operate. This means, Opera, SSH, VNC. Nothing will work until I get back on T-Mobile's towers. There is one exception, my BB browser works perfectly fine as well as Google Maps and GMail.

I'm not sure who to call at this point. I contacted T-mobile about the problem and they only told me since it happens on AT&T's network that they can't help me. When I call AT&T, they tell me since I'm no longer an AT&T customer, that I can't speak to the blackberry side any longer.

Maybe someone here can help shed some light on what's going on?

I have checked the firewall and allowed the applications, but it still doesn't work. Also, I recently upgraded the OS to 4.2.1.9~ and now when I test the network with opera, I get the "the module is trying to go inside the firewall and outside the firewall" or similar (Split connections?)

I'm frustrated and upset and I no longer know what to do. If anyone can share some info on the subject, I thank you in advance.

Yeshua

temporalreality no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e170bf

Re: T-Mobile Roaming on Cingular

Quote Originally Posted by yeshuawatso
    Hello all,

I have checked the firewall and allowed the applications, but it still doesn't work. Also, I recently upgraded the OS to 4.2.1.9~ and now when I test the network with opera, I get the "the module is trying to go inside the firewall and outside the firewall" or similar (Split connections?)

I'm frustrated and upset and I no longer know what to do. If anyone can share some info on the subject, I thank you in advance.

Yeshua
    As for the above error.... did you enter the wap.voicestream.com under the APN in TCP under the advanced options(username and domain should be empty). I had the same message when this was missing and after you do a software update you have to go back and enter it back in or it will not work.

yeshuawatso no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D00278

Re: T-Mobile Roaming on Cingular

Yes, but that doesn't have any effect when roaming on at&t's network.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~