Question - I have an 8700g on T-Mobile and have installed all the latest upgrades ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dag2523 no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile 8700g: reboot & incoming calls

Advertisement

Question - I have an 8700g on T-Mobile and have installed all the latest upgrades and such. I'm having two issues that may or may not be connected:

1. My BB shuts off at random times and reboots. I thought this was a product of an application that I had installed called Viigo (for RSS feeds), but now I beleive it may be connected to the 'Today' theme.

2. I am unable to receive calls recently. Sometimes, they send the caller straight to VM and others it just cuts them off. My phone doesn't ring on either. I've confirmed that the 'Do Not Delay' feature is not on. The only other problem I have is that, when I try to access 'Call Forwarding', it says 'An error occurred'.

T-Mobile support hasn't really been much help and I'm wondering if I just need a new SIM card or something. The last time I had glitchy issues like this, it turned out to be the SIM.

Thoughts?

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: T-Mobile 8700g: reboot & incoming calls

First of all welcome to the stacks.

-Try resending your service books again

-Try restoring your BB, Wiping and Re-installing your OS again

If those don't help, than someone will be along shortly to help you.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

What are your Call Forwarding settings?

dag2523 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm on a BES, so I beleive that my service books are up-to-date. I just completed a wipe and fresh enterprise activation and I'm still having the issues.

The reboot issue is less prominent with themes other than 'Dimension-Today'. I mean, it'll go down for hours at a time with just a slow red blinking light and (sometimes) an hourglass. This issue is at least tolerable with the other themes (using Insight-Icon right now), but I do believe that it still exists. I have removed Viigo from the phone for now.

The missed call issue is also still a major problem too. When I click on 'Call Forwarding', it tries to run a dowload or something and says 'The operation failed.' When I click 'OK', 'Forward Unanswered Call If Busy' is checking with the VM number.

Thank you so much for helping me troubleshoot this.