Greetings, My apologies in advance for what is probably a simple newbie question. According to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mscmsc no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile 8700g -- My Phone Number

Advertisement

Greetings,

My apologies in advance for what is probably a simple newbie question. According to the documentation for my T-Mobile 8700g, I should be able to view my phone number on the Call Log option from the main menu. On my 8700 (which is fully operational) it reports my number as unknown. Any idea why?

Thanks,

Mark
    Boston, MA

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: T-Mobile 8700g -- My Phone Number

I dont remember how I solved that problem. Have you tried to take the battery out and put it back in?

Garrison no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DA5687

In your call log click your thumb wheel. go to options>general options> then under show my number change option to yes. Let me know if this works.
    Have you seen my stapler?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Mark. I hope your problem was solved.

serviceone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4014cd35

you got to call your voice mail first from the call log screen

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ is the show my number option turned on. Its under general options.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The other way is to click from the home screen to Options --> Advanced Options --> SIM Card

This will display your SIM card's number, and your phone number.

Q: what benefit is there in displaying "my number" in the call log screen? I've always wondered why that option exists. I mean, I already know my number. Just curious.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sometimes it takes 24-48 hours after you've activated the BB for it to show your phone number on the call log. That's what happened when I activated 2 BB's with T-Mobile.

Lewis, that exists so that if you need to give your number out and for some reason you don't remember it, then it shows up there in the call log. You'd be surprised to know how many people don't remember their mobile number when you ask. It amazes me!!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Also another tip for people on T-mobile who might forget their number, just dial #NUM# (#686#)from your phone. You will get a message showing you your number.

sazodada no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by phillyslix
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sometimes it takes 24-48 hours after you've activated the BB for it to show your phone number on the call log. That's what happened when I activated 2 BB's with T-Mobile.

Lewis, that exists so that if you need to give your number out and for some reason you don't remember it, then it shows up there in the call log. You'd be surprised to know how many people don't remember their mobile number when you ask. It amazes me!!
    TRUE!! Albert Einstein for instance when someone asked for his number he honestly answered "I dont know" Why you might ask would one of the smartest man of all time did not know his number..............his answer -> "I never call myself"