Hi, I have an 8700 which is used with my work BES. I would like ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Sync with both BES and standalone PC?

Advertisement

Hi, I have an 8700 which is used with my work BES. I would like to be able to synchronise the
    contacts, tasks, notes and calendar on the 8700 with my home PC too - is there any way of doing this? I do not want to sync emails. I had a play round in Desktop Manager but all the options seemed to point to either syncing with the BES or with the local mailbox on my home PC - I couldn't see a way to do both. Thanks in advance for any pointers - they would be much appreciated!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Sync with both BES and standalone PC?

When you set up Desktop Manager did you choose BES or BIS? In the settings you can choose to sync with your pc no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    When you set up Desktop Manager did you choose BES or BIS? In the settings you can choose to sync with your pc no problem.
    I chose BES. Should I have chosen BIS on my home PC?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You should choose BIS.

No need to worry about email sync. Email doesn't sync on any BB (it's only pushed). However, syncing with the BES option on your home PC will break email delivery to your BB -- that's why you need to choose this BIS/Internet option at home.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-02-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    You should choose BIS.

No need to worry about email sync. Email doesn't sync on any BB (it's only pushed). However, syncing with the BES option on your home PC will break email delivery to your BB -- that's why you need to choose this BIS/Internet option at home.
    Thanks for you help so far! I have now changed it to BIS, but when I try to synchronise I receive the following error:

Any ideas please?

leo95se no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    You should choose BIS.

No need to worry about email sync. Email doesn't sync on any BB (it's only pushed).
    i dont get this. i use BES and it constantly syncs with exchange. delete off bb, exchange is deleted; delete/mark unread/etc on exchange, reflected on my bb.

i do have an imap acct also set up on the bb, my home acct, and it doesnt sync, email is only pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by DomConway
    Thanks for you help so far! I have now changed it to BIS, but when I try to synchronise I receive the following error:

Any ideas please?
    From browsing round the forum it seems that there are loads of people with the same problem, and no real answer. Guess I'll have to write off the idea and carry on plugging my spare Smartphone in to each PC to do the syncing.

NClaw441 no está en línea Stack level 1

YOU HAVE TO GO TO OPTIONS IN THE BB AND TURN WIRELESS SYNCHRO OFF FOR Calendar, Memo and Addresses... this wil allow the sync with PC

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by leo95se
    i dont get this. i use BES and it constantly syncs with exchange. delete off bb, exchange is deleted; delete/mark unread/etc on exchange, reflected on my bb.
    That's reconciliation. It's similar but not the same as sync. Sync will place old email on the device -- reconciliation won't (as one example of the difference between the two). Again, Blackberries do not sync email.

Quote Originally Posted by NClaw441
    YOU HAVE TO GO TO OPTIONS IN THE BB AND TURN WIRELESS SYNCHRO OFF FOR Calendar, Memo and Addresses... this wil allow the sync with PC
    Exactly -- you'll need to toggle wireless each time.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-13-2007 at 09:01 PM.