Another question about set up on my bb 8700c. The wireless sync was set up ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

boydwhitman no está en línea Stack level 1

sync wirelessly at home and work?

Advertisement

Another question about set up on my bb 8700c. The wireless sync was set up at work with BES. At home, I have it set up with my USB cable. Any way to set it up at home wirelessly as well so that changes in my calendar, address book, tasks, etc. can be synced wirelessly both at work and home? I'm fine with my information being the same at both places.

Thanks for your help and patience

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: sync wirelessly at home and work?

If your PC has a compatable Bluetooth you can sync with DM using Bluetooth, but that is the only way.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you are not concerned about having your personal contacts on your BES account, just import them, and then forget about keeping a personal or 'home' account.

I keep everything on my BB, work and personal. If my BB is not available (huh??), I can always use OWA to get the info I need.

The time I tried to sync at home, I ended up duplicating my address book on my BB. What a pain! It took about an hour or two to clean it up.

Just a suggestion.

How do I import without hooking up the bb to a usb cable at home? How do I set up my home account to accept changes to outlook wirelessly?

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

In your Outlook client at home, export your address book to whatever file type it exports to (can't say, I'm not at my computer). Then email that file to yourself at work. Then import the file into your Outlook address book at work. All of this is done without a BB.

Once you've done this, your merged your work and personal address books into the only place that can wireless sync them both to your BlackBerry.

The only service which can do wireless synchronisation of address book/calendar/tasks/memos is a BES. Therefore, you can't wireless sync from your home, because at home, your Outlook is not on a BES.

Okay, thanks. That helps me understand what the issue is. Then in order for my home outlook to be current with my bb, I have to sync it with my usb cable, right?

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: having BES myself with wireless sync of address book, calendar, etc., I've basically abandoned having a "home" address book and calendar.

However, my home computer is a Mac, and though there is the PocketMac solution, it is very limited and offers no mapping options.

As well, the BlackBerry has only one address book and one calendar. So if you do sync successfully without messing up or deleting or duplicating your work entries, all your "home" information will soon be your work information anyway, due to the wireless sync of the BES.

leetch2 no está en línea Stack level 1

cannot sych at home

Hi,

I have a bb8330 curve. I am set up for wireless at work but when i get home and try to synch using the usb cable i get a message that usb is disabled because of the wireless setup. Is here anyway to synch at home with the usb and also synch wiresellsly at work? Thanks for the help!