Hi all, I am having problmes with my BB, it tell me I have 44 ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

newby no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sync Emails

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I am having problmes with my BB, it tell me I have 44 unread emails, but in my outlook, I have read them all. It is sync-ed (physicallay and wireless, well not at the same time)everything seems to update, no problem, I have also pulled the battery too, still it reads 44 unread message. how can I get this inline with my outlook?, what am I doing wrong?. I am currently using DTM 4.1
    Many thanks.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Sync Emails

Hi Newby,

Welcome to the Stacks

This might sound silly, but are the emails that are UNREAD on your handheld coming to addresses that are assigned to your Outlook? For instance, I don't have my pinstack email address going to my Outlook express, but it does go to my BB, so when someone sends me an email, if they send it to BOTH my pinstack email and one of the email addresses assigned in my Outlook, then when I sync, it will show in Outlook that all my emails have been read, but on my handheld, will show "X" number of unread emails.

Check that and let us know, if this isn't the problem, we'll find a solution for you

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Thanks jade I will check and see if that is the problem.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Email doesn't sync on Blackberries. You can reconcile if you're a BES (no such thing with BIS) user but synchronization and reconciliation are not the same thing.

still no joy..Jade.

takeshi, if email does not sync, how come all the same number of email in my outlook, is exactly the same as on the BB?. The only problem I have is: I can open an email on my BB, which should be confirmed as open in outlook but it is not. But if I open in outlook first, it is show as been opened on my BB. Theoretically, is should show as been opened in both, regardless of which one I open it in first!!!.. This is the problem I'm having.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

newby, If I haven't already done so, let me welcome you to Pinstack.

Are you using a BES? or have you set up you BIS Account to poll your Email Server? If on BES, Contact your BB Admin, because there is some setting on your BES or BB that is set wrong. If on BIS, it is a one way Reconcilliation and will not do what you want.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hi Stack Pro, thanks for the welcome, (it is nice to feel welcome)
    I am using BES.
    OK cool, can you tell me what settings are set wrong, because I am sure they will say to me, ""what setting are wrong""?.
    Many thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The emails that are forwarded to you handheld from BIS will not reconcile. Only the ones that come through your exchange server though the BES will reconcile. You need to have Wireless Reconciliation turned on in your messages Options/Email Reconcilliation settings.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I will give it a go Rcbjr, will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help.