At my company, I set all end user device standards for an organization of 6000+ ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Successor to the 8700?

Advertisement

At my company, I set all end user device standards for an organization of 6000+ users. Our current BB standard is the 8700, since it occupies a nice sweet spot between the consumer models and the 8800. Now, our T-Mobile rep has been saying that the 8700 will be discontinued within 3-4 months and I haven't seen any RIM roadmaps. Has anyone heard differently about the rumored EOL date for the 87xx series or seen what the new model might be?

tia, furtive

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Successor to the 8700?

I think the new models are already out. The 83xx and 88xx series seem to be the successors. I really doubt they are going to expand on the 87xx series anymore.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think the plan for corporates is going to be consumer models with the BES cancelling out the media / camera functions where applicable. That's what we have done with our started to do with our 8100 series users

BlackberryJr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    URADUMAS

I am with DCookSta on this, I think that the 88xx series was meant to be the successor for the 8700g. Having used both, but still on my 8700, the 8800 will more than enough suffice as a replacement, eventually; but as for dependability, I must say that the 8700 provides that seemlessly. I think the 88xx series might be a fix/upgrade or so away.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

I'm also looking at cost per unit too, which - understanding corporate users - if you give a certain subset of people new 8800's, we'll see a rash of "accidental damages" and people demanding theirs to be replaced. If I need to go to the 8800/8820, then so be it. I just shudder to think of our budget taking a 5 figure hit because some idiots thought it'd be cute to break theirs just to get a new one.