Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone know how to view streaming video from web sites on the blackberry 8700? ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dddane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CF6F84

streaming video on the 8700?

Advertisement

does anyone know how to view streaming video from web sites on the blackberry 8700?

i've read that this is possible, though haven't seen it work in reality... i've also read that the video may need to be in some sort of java file... if this is true, does anyone have any example links of sites that stream or have this type of java file to d/l??

Jake_says no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: streaming video on the 8700?

I'd really like to know too, I've always wondered but assumed it was impossible.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

(Since I've answered this before, and It's 4AM. I'll just repost the answer)

As far as now, you basically can't do it.

I was playing around with animated gif files and a couple primative j2me "video" players. Though in the end I never managed to get anything that would be remotely usable, the most I got was about 1-2fps, black and white really pixilated, in a postage stamp sized file without any usable audio.

Now one thing you can do to play video "on the blackberry" (without sound), is to use VNC. You would remote desktop, start the video on your remote computer and play it full screen. This would get you a few fps video in color, but still.. no sound.

If you want something that plays video, you'll really need two things 1) A faster wireless connection, gprs (edit: since we are talking 8700 in this case, edge would [somewhat] work.) really won't cut it. I've tryed, and streams at 40k or so really aren't viewable and buffer alot 2) Another device, either a different pda/phone or a seperate device; say a laptop, that you could connect your blackberry to.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

FUNDED no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2040e49b

if you DL the remote desktop software you can view streaming video :-)

Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    (Since I've answered this before, and It's 4AM. I'll just repost the answer)

As far as now, you basically can't do it.

I was playing around with animated gif files and a couple primative j2me "video" players. Though in the end I never managed to get anything that would be remotely usable, the most I got was about 1-2fps, black and white really pixilated, in a postage stamp sized file without any usable audio.

Now one thing you can do to play video "on the blackberry" (without sound), is to use VNC. You would remote desktop, start the video on your remote computer and play it full screen. This would get you a few fps video in color, but still.. no sound.

If you want something that plays video, you'll really need two things 1) A faster wireless connection, gprs (edit: since we are talking 8700 in this case, edge would [somewhat] work.) really won't cut it. I've tryed, and streams at 40k or so really aren't viewable and buffer alot 2) Another device, either a different pda/phone or a seperate device; say a laptop, that you could connect your blackberry to.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by FUNDED
    if you DL the remote desktop software you can view streaming video :-)
    Yeah...But VERY choppy and no audio.

tprime no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040d422

Have you tried to Sona Mobile Beta Version. You can only view their videos for now but at least you can see the 8700 capabilities.
    for info http://video.sonamobile.net/
    Last edited by N8DBB; 06-26-2006 at 01:32 PM.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Good lookin out...loading it right now...I wasn't sure how to get ahold of the beta version...Will post in a few after it loads...

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

I am also going to try this on my 7130e

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Bryan,
    Since this will be the first download and try here on pinstack, I am going to create a post for it for the beta review for others...By the time you get done downloading the program and a clip, I should have it started (you will see what I mean)

walters24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ur provider and ur system has username and pass and service provider codes. I have the codes at home I will login later and give them out for cingular providers and isp.

stressrelief no está en línea Stack level 1

Can someone post the link for the application download to play vide

ghost1157 no está en línea Stack level 1

Last night I did an OTA download of the eyespyFX software that is java software designed for cell phones other than BB's to stream webcams to a cell phone . I loaded it up and tried it on my cingular 8700c (do not try this at home , we are professionals) , and it is really close to working , it does start "streaming" video but really it is very similar to watching a webcam refresh every so many seconds . after a few seconds though it starts crashing , beeping wildly and the screen starts looping between the webcam and the startup screen very fast , kind of scary to watch . I only wanted it to have a stable platform for my webcams at home . Unfortunatly it appears eyespyFX is no longer supporting their products , so not much of a chance to get a BB specific version . It certainly indicates that it is possible though ......
    Yes I have idokorro mobile desktop and can see my cameras on my home pc but the picture quality is horrendous , ( again shows that it is possible to stream to an 8700c ) I also am uploading static images to my website and can access them through the BB browser and the quality is truly great but I have to manually refresh all the time and of course no sound . I have the ability to stream both video and sound but this requires windows media player to grab the stream and an active-x download .

I do have sonamobile too but that is a download , not attaching to a streaming server .

Wish somebody would come up with a java client for BB to stream webcams with audio ......

JRawlinson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

I'm not all that worried about video, but I would slap my mother to be able to listen to streaming audio on my 8700c while I am stuck in traffic or otherwise in the middle of some downtime. I've googled and googled to no avail. Then again, I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. I hold out a faint hope that 4.2 will be released and that it will allow this feature. We will see...

ghost1157 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by JRawlinson
    I'm not all that worried about video, but I would slap my mother to be able to listen to streaming audio on my 8700c while I am stuck in traffic or otherwise in the middle of some downtime. I've googled and googled to no avail. Then again, I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. I hold out a faint hope that 4.2 will be released and that it will allow this feature. We will see...
    I can listen to CNN radio but its not actually a stream , more like a podcast that I have to wait for it to download before it plays . I am new here so I can't post the link but maybe you can decifer it from this :

cnn main website /services/podcasts just click on the listen to audio links and it will download then play the audio .

JRawlinson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

Meh, not really interested in podcasts, although I appreciate your takingthe time to respond. What I envisioned was more of a ShoutCast "tune in!" type thing. But again, thanks for throwing me a bone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast