Hi all- Very new to my 8700 but loving it so far. I am picking ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

nosferatu no está en línea Stack level 1

Strange FWD'ing issue?

Advertisement

Hi all-

Very new to my 8700 but loving it so far.

I am picking up my server mail through gmail as a spam filter- Gmail is POP enabled and my BB is checking my inbox every 10mins. This is perfect for me as when I'm at my desk I generally check my mail regularly and therefore avoid it being sent to my BB.

The problem I'm having is that every mail I *reply* to, either within gmail or on my BB gets copied back to me! I'll send a mail and a few seconds later it'll appear as a new message in my BB's inbox...

any ideas what's causing this?

jfny no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Strange FWD'ing issue?

Hi...Welcome to the world of BB.

This is a common issue with Gmail. It happens because Gmail uses labels not folders. Therefore, a message that you send is not put in an outbox folder (as it would be in outlook), but is instead "labeled" as a sent email and lumped together with all of your incoming email.

I believe the best way to fix this is to create a filter so that messages from your address do not get forwarded.

Hi- many thanks for your prompt reply-

I'm looking at the gmail filters, but I'm not sure what I cactaully need to do!

what am I labeling emails from my address as?

Many thanks- its a great forum you guys have here...

Fixed the problem

If anyone is having simillar issues, I just applied a filter in my blackberry carriers online settings. If FROM (my email) don't send to device.

Nice.

But now I'm wondering how all the mail I read on my BB can be automatically marked as 'read' in my gmail inbox...

any ideas?