HI, My name is Deborah and I'm a new 8700C user. Is there a way ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Deborah no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I store info. that must be secure/password protected such as bank accnt number

Advertisement

HI,

My name is Deborah and I'm a new 8700C user. Is there a way to password protect some info. but not everything that is on my BB? On my palm, I could password protect specific individual files or memos. I'd like to store bank accnt. info, soc security #s, etc.

Thanks.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

Re: How do I store info. that must be secure/password protected such as bank accnt nu

You can use the Password keeper that comes with your BB. Icon looks like a safe. That is what I use. It requires a password to be entered before displaying items.

Hope that helps!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: How do I store info. that must be secure/password protected such as bank accnt number

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah
    HI,

My name is Deborah and I'm a new 8700C user. Is there a way to password protect some info. but not everything that is on my BB? On my palm, I could password protect specific individual files or memos. I'd like to store bank accnt. info, soc security #s, etc.

Thanks.
    You can slo try MiniSafe. I love it. Have been using it for about 6 months or so now. I have a ton of information stored there and have never had a problem accessing it. Here's a link with more information:

http://www.simprit.com/minisafe_bb/

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: How do I store info. that must be secure/password protected such as bank accnt number

*note to self* break into Uh8me's bb!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: How do I store info. that must be secure/password protected such as bank accnt nu

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah
    HI,

Thanks.
    Welcome Deborah. Just a point to make about security. I would think twice about storing such information on a wireless device, especially financial info. I would also seriously advise against NOT sending such info out on a wireless connection of any kind. Unless of course you don't mind idenity theft and a zero balance bank account. SSANs are especially private data and can lead to huge idenity problems.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Dang Stace...what's up with that!!!??? LOL!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~