i've just downloaded my first theme (well, not mine, it's the macberry) and now i'm ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

stop my berry pix!

Advertisement

i've just downloaded my first theme (well, not mine, it's the macberry) and now i'm on to plazmic and berry pix, i'm going mad for software.

berry pix question: it appears to be doing a slideshow and i can't figure out how to stop it. even though my screen is set to go dark after 5 seconds, when i scroll back on, it's finishing up a slideshow. i added berrypix to be able to use pix as wallpaper, and i'm worried it will eat my battery up faster with this slideshow setting-- is there any way to set this as a picture holder, and nothing else?

thanks! and thanks for further addicting me to my crackberry...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: stop my berry pix!

i've notified the developer of berry pix about this thread.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Open Berry Pix. Click your trackwheel and go to settings and there you can turn the slideshow feature off.
    As for using Berry Pix pictures as your background, preview the picture, click save image, then go to your preinstalled blackberry photoviewer where it will be now also, open the pic, click trackwheel and set as home screen image.

Hope this helps.

colabnet no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: stop my berry pix!

Quote Originally Posted by mm
    i've just downloaded my first theme (well, not mine, it's the macberry) and now i'm on to plazmic and berry pix, i'm going mad for software.

berry pix question: it appears to be doing a slideshow and i can't figure out how to stop it. even though my screen is set to go dark after 5 seconds, when i scroll back on, it's finishing up a slideshow. i added berrypix to be able to use pix as wallpaper, and i'm worried it will eat my battery up faster with this slideshow setting-- is there any way to set this as a picture holder, and nothing else?

thanks! and thanks for further addicting me to my crackberry...
    Hi mm:

You can turn off the screen saver functionality in Berry Pix by doing the following

1. Open Berry Pix - you should now be at the thumbnails view
    2. Click on the Thumbwheel and choose Settings from the menu - you should now be at the Settings Screen
    3. Scroll down to the Standby Timeout field and change its value to Never
    4. Close the Berry Pix Settings Screen - the setting is applied immediately

If you still are having problems, I suggest rebooting your Handheld by removing and re-inserting the Battery. This can sometimes clear up OS bugs and app bugs that are preventing your BlackBerry from operating normally.

We have never heard mention of this behaviour from our other customers - it would be awesome if you could let me know what your operating environment is like, in particular the following:

a) BlackBerry Model
    b) BlackBerry OS Version & Platform Version

This information is available under Options->About from your BlackBerry Handheld's home screen. Options may also be under Settings or Tools depending on your theme.

If you wish to converse in a more private forum, please contact me using our Support Page on our website - listed below.

I hope this helps
    Rick

PS: Thanks to hydn for notifying me about this thread!
    Collaborative Network Technologies Inc.
    http://www.colabnet.com
    55 Bond Street, Suite 103,
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks so much everybody for the help! (n8 & haydn, i think it was your posts about installing themes that got me my macberry ).

rick, i changed the settings and it seems to have solved the problem. i was confused about the slideshow settings, i didn't realize that choosing "never" on screensaver would also affect slideshow....newbie

my model is 8700g, v4.1.0.284, plat 2.0.0.120-- but it seems like this was my mistake, not your app (which is awesome, by the way).

thanks! mm

pbakerfam no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32ac8dce

so...question about pictures. i just upgraded to os 4.1. In 4.0 if i added a picture to home screen it took up the whole background. In 4.1 the same picture is not taking up the whole background, it has white gaps on the sides. can i adjust this in any way. I know It seems a little ocd but i looks better the other way. THanks

PIN/ID
    32ac8dce

so...question about pictures. i just upgraded to os 4.1. In 4.0 if i added a picture to home screen it took up the whole background. In 4.1 the same picture is not taking up the whole background, it has white gaps on the sides. can i adjust this in any way? I know It seems a little ocd but it looks better the other way. THanks
    Last edited by pbakerfam; 07-26-2006 at 04:02 PM.

colabnet no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: stop my berry pix!

Quote Originally Posted by pbakerfam
    so...question about pictures. i just upgraded to os 4.1. In 4.0 if i added a picture to home screen it took up the whole background. In 4.1 the same picture is not taking up the whole background, it has white gaps on the sides. can i adjust this in any way? I know It seems a little ocd but it looks better the other way. THanks
    The pictures from os4.0 that you are referring to - are they Berry Pix stored pictures? If so, did the os4.0 Berry Pix pictures come from a different blackberry with a different screen aspect-ratio than the os4.1 blackberry you have now? If yes, then that would explain the white bars - your new device screen might be wider than the picture that you are trying to set as background.

Whether not the above is the case - it does sound likely that your pictures are not wide enough to take up the whole width of the home screen so the BlackBerry is compensating by centering it.

There's not a lot you can do about the pictures that are on your BlackBerry - for pictures that are on your desktop, if you are using Berry Pix, the Berry Pix Desktop Loader automatically makes sure that your picture will match your handheld.

Hope this explains what's going on.
    Rick
    Last edited by colabnet; 07-27-2006 at 08:34 AM.
    Collaborative Network Technologies Inc.
    http://www.colabnet.com
    55 Bond Street, Suite 103,
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9

PIN/ID
    32ac8dce

i wasnt using the berry pix program, but however i did download the trial version of the program from the recomendation in your post and It is exactly what i was looking for. Thank You very much for your post. it truly helped me out on learning all about my blackberry. thanks again

Pbakerfam