Hello All...I need help with an error message trying to load Sprint Navigation. I've got ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tvcommando no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint Navigation Error [10]

Advertisement

Hello All...I need help with an error message trying to load Sprint Navigation. I've got a BB 8703e and the new $30 Sprint BB PV BIS plan, I'm trying to launch Sprint Navigation and it won't launch - as it tries to launch I get an error "Can't connect to server [10]". Then a second error message appears that says, "Select the type of conection: BIS or TCP" If I select either it loops back to the first error, and so on...

I've deleted it and reloaded it several times, called CS several times and they've been no help at all (shocking, I know). They said they've started a ticket but I'd thought I'd ask the real experts...

Suggestions, anyone?

Striker911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180F95E

Re: Sprint Navigation Error [10]

make sure you have the locater on Option>location based services>Gps Service put location on>save and try again. Also what is your rate play? do you work for the company?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Striker911...let me check and retry. As to ques. #2, rate play? Not sure what that means. I just migrated over to the new $30 PV BB BIS plan that includes sprint navigation... No Co. I'm a teacher.

PIN/ID
    3180F95E

Lol I meant rate plan did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Striker911 View Post
    Lol I meant rate plan did it work?
    striker911:
    ahhh...fat fingers, glad I'm not the only one. I just switched to the new Blackberry Power Vision data plan for $30 that includes ulmtd data, email, sprint TV and yes, sprint navigation! an awesome deal for $30 a month I think. and you were correct! I had location-based services off. I turned that on, resaved, relaunched sprint navigation and bingo, everything launched correctly and I configured it in about a minute!

I think the amazing thing (or depressing thing depending on your perspective) is it took three calls to sprint BB tech and all I got from them was, "can you get on the internet?" to which I responded, "duh, I just downloaded the program!" or, "delete and reload the program..."

one thread on pinstack...priceless!
    peace

PIN/ID
    3180F95E

lol glad its working