My 8703e took a record 9 MINUTES to boot up this morning, as i waited ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Sprint 8703e -- Random Hard Resets -- Extra-Long Boot Time

Advertisement

My 8703e took a record 9 MINUTES to boot up this morning, as i waited 6 minutes last night and just left the battery out.

I cleared all my databases, missed call logs, sms, emails, etc. same issue.

the phone hard resets it self about once a day, doing various tasks. yahoo messenger, email, texting, everything but using the phone.

the phone just shuts off like i pulled the battery out...and restarts itself

it seems to happen in low service areas. every time i cross a state line it does it too.

i had a thread about this because i thought my first BB did it because the battery wouldn't seat correctly...turns out that wasn't the case at all.

This is the second 8703 I had that does the exact same thing.

Is there a known issue, or something I'm missing?

I'm on the Alltel OS .373, that also didn't fix anything.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Sprint 8703e -- Random Hard Resets -- Extra-Long Boot Time

Well, have you recently added any new programs that could be the cause. You can also check in the log and see if anything stands out (hold down alt and hit LGLG). You should clear it out regularly to help with memory. Could the memory be too full? Too much on the BB?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr