Have noticed recently that the battery life on my 8703e is very poor compared to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

Sprint 8703e, poor battery life

Advertisement

Have noticed recently that the battery life on my 8703e is very poor compared to when I first got it a few months ago. Doesn't seem to want to make it thru the whole day anymore. This is a data only device and sees absolutely no phone usage.

The only thing I can think of hogging battery life is Jive Talk, but on my 8830 it didn't make a signifigant dent in my battery consumption. I'd go a day and half between charges if need be, and my 8703 was good for at least 2 days between charges prior to adding Jive Talk.

The other thing that crossed my mind, is that with the change in weather and increase in winds, on top of an already poor signal in the office (normally good enough to recieve and transfer data), is that my 8703e is spending alot of time in a roaming type status (not that I have personally witnessed this, but I am not discounting it).

Thoughts/opinions?

If it is a Jive Talk related issue, then I will need to modify the times I have it on. My preference is to use it as compared to the free BB version of AOL AIM chat client, because it is more consistent.

Just for added benefit, FWIW, this is the paid version of Jive Talk. I don't remember having this issue with the trail version, as my battery life was just fine.

aexl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302723e6

Re: Sprint 8703e, poor battery life

I had the same issue with my phone, open up the switch programs manager (alt+exit) and see if you have a lot of background programs running. This significantly cuts down on battery life.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

It is very important to give the battery a great initial charge, did you do that properly? Are you charging it via a car, home or computer via usb?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

If you are roaming, your battery will drain twice as fast because of the analog signal and the constant search for a digital tower.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    It is very important to give the battery a great initial charge, did you do that properly? Are you charging it via a car, home or computer via usb?
    I typically (99% of the time) charge it at home from the supplied wall wart.

There have been sporadic incidents of this happening. Maybe once or twice a week.

Haven't noticed any roaming on the BB (again, not discounting this from happening as I haven't noticed it), unit is always plugged in properly when charging, and nothing extra running in the background out of the ordinary.