I currently have the Nextel 7520 (which is absolutely phenomenal device, btw). Is the Sprint ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ajkst1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint 8703e

Advertisement

I currently have the Nextel 7520 (which is absolutely phenomenal device, btw). Is the Sprint 8703e the next step in the Sprint/Nextel line? I'd like to get an 87xx series device with Nextel PTT capability, but I have a feeling that won't happen? I was reading about the 8702, but I'm guessing that evolved into the 8703. Does the 8703 have PTT hardware inside like the 8700c does for Cingular? The 7520 is getting a little long in the tooth and the 8700 series is what I'm looking for, Nextel PTT is a daily part of my job and without it, my job becomes much more difficult.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Sprint 8703e

well the 8703e does not have ptt like the cingular version but maybe an os upgrade would allow that to happen if and when sprint does that for their side, but if i recall it does not have the hardware for it, at least not from what i have seen, the 8793e is great as well as the 7520 which i also had, but it does not compare in the download speed and capabilities that the 8793e has, i also loved the ptt that the 7520 had, but went with the 8703 and got a regular nextel phone for my other needs, but that is just me. hope this helps

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by diaz1023
    well the 8703e does not have ptt like the cingular version but maybe an os upgrade would allow that to happen if and when sprint does that for their side, but if i recall it does not have the hardware for it, at least not from what i have seen, the 8793e is great as well as the 7520 which i also had, but it does not compare in the download speed and capabilities that the 8793e has, i also loved the ptt that the 7520 had, but went with the 8703 and got a regular nextel phone for my other needs, but that is just me. hope this helps
    the 8703e will never have PTT even with a OS upgrade. the only phones that run off sprnt CDMA for voice and iden for DC is the hybrids ic502,ic402.

if you need PTT just stay with nextel. easyer then carrying 2 devices.

also if you where thinking about going to cingular for PTT u cant DC nextels with a cingular PTT phone.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi aj. Matt is right, the 8703e will never see iDEN ptt. There is a new BB that will be released with ptt, but when, where, how... you know what I mean. You will get the scoop here first before you will from Sprint.

scaredpoet no está en línea Stack level 2

In all likelihood, we'll probably have to wait for an EVDO Revision A-compatible Blackberry in order to have PTT on the Sprint network. The long term plan for Sprint is to advance the CDMA network enough to support PTT, and then migrate iDEN customers over. Revision A is supposed to allow this to happen.