Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Narrowed down my choices to these 2 PDA's. I will be using tethered modem on ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

matty032 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400FFD36

Sprint 8703 vs Moto Q?

Advertisement

Narrowed down my choices to these 2 PDA's. I will be using tethered modem on either one. Is one faster than the other? Video, on Q only? I use heavy email, web browsing. What does the brain trust have to say?
    Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Sprint 8703 vs Moto Q?

I know experienced people who have said the Q was THE worst email device they ever used, and those that use it for light email that love it.

That said, I don't think anyone will argue that the BlackBerry is THE best mobile email device - period. If you depend on email, it's the only device to consider!

Of course, maybe you should ask the question on a forum for the Q!
    JerryD

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Its tough for me because I support both devices, but for myself the BB is a better device for me.

Both are the same price, one is better for video and multimedia, one is better for stability.

For what you have said to us, web browsing and email, I would go with the BB.

PIN/ID
    400FFD36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks. I checked out the 8703 today in the store. The dude behind the counter didn't know what to do, when I begain to sob uncontrollably. I have no doubt the 8703 will be my next PDA.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Well to begin with, the Q is a Windows Mobile device and the BB O/S is RIM. Enough said? In case you need me to expalin further, the BB O/S is bullet proof, doesn't reset itself several times a day, battery life is outstanding, etc. etc. etc. We can all give you many more reasons to go with the BB, afterall this is a BB forum!

As for tethering, don't expect blazing speeds. Although EV-DO is advertised as BROADBAND speed, a lot depends on processor, memory, and the connection itself.

And I would make sure Sprint has the coverage you need where you will use the phone.

PIN/ID
    400FFD36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am going to get a 8703e tattoo. I wonder what a good one would cost?

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

8703e all the way as long as you can live without the video feature on the Q. Who knows, maybe you'll even end with video on the 8703e if they upgrade the os.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I was with cingular and switched to verizon, and did a trial run on the Q, the only thing that was cool was the video feature. The email was horrible and the phone would always restart. I changed and got the 7250 and it was a much better device all around. I have the 8703e now and I would pick this handheld 30 times over the Q.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by toddone
    I was with cingular and switched to verizon, and did a trial run on the Q, the only thing that was cool was the video feature.
    I guess it looks okay and it's slimmer. Most wireless device buyers seem to have those as their top priorities (at the expense of features that really matter) these days...

droneboyz no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi everyone. I just bought a Q from sprint about a week back. I have to say its a total piece of crap. Okay, let me explain what i like and dont like about it:
    1. honestly i like windows in general. i like the various ways i can modify stuff, edit registries, and how i can tweak stuff endlessly. But windows mobile has seriously let me down. How can someone install something so arcane on a tiny cellphone device? Its full of bugs and is extremely slow.
    2. i had my Q set to activesync with an account i purchased from mail2web.com. This would eat battery endlessly, hence i set it up to sync once every 30 mins. Even so, my whole night of charge would last from 9am to 3pm with only 30 mins of talking and checking maybe 10 emails!
    3. I thought of buying an extended battery, but it would make it much heavier, killing the whole 'sleek' look its got going for itself, and morever seidio does not still have the grey battery cover for the sprint q.
    4. the MSN live search is seriously very good, maybe imho even better than google mobile maps, but again, it would eat up a lot of battery.
    5. browsing webpages is very good on the Q, i hope i get a similar/better experience on the 8703
    6. microsoft activesync syncs the calender and contacts very nicely to and from the phone,
    Does anyone know if blackberry connect does that? It would be nice to have the contacts and calender even if i happen to lose the device.

Thats my rant and thanks for reading! Please wish me luck with my new BB, i have not even activated it yet!

Thanks.

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Moto Q is a joke, and a toy. You want a tool, get a Berry

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

As an experienced user of Treo's, Moto-Q and Blackjack I can honestly say it's no contest. Not even close. After numerous problems with each and everyone of them, from freezing to locking up to just plain problems. They were all time wasters.

I sold them all and moved to the BlackBerry platform.

Get a BlackBerry and you will never look back. They are fast, reliable, always work and lots of fun. Easy to use and absolutely first class.

Cheers....

toddone -
    > I have the 8703e now and I would pick this handheld 30 times over the Q.<

I would choose a BlackBerry over my old Moto-Q by 40 times
    ~via BB 8700c (wap.pinstack.com)~

toddone -
    > I have the 8703e now and I would pick this handheld 30 times over the Q.<

I would choose a BlackBerry over my old Moto-Q by 40 times