I am looking for a better speed dial utility. I want the utility to be ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

morrisonm no está en línea Stack level 1

Speed Dial Utitlity

Advertisement

I am looking for a better speed dial utility. I want the utility to be easier to get to even showing up with an assignable button or on the main screen. Any ideas. It would just need to have a list of my 30 most frequently called phone numbers.

The issue with the blackberry utility is it is burried. If i could get that one to be assignable to the buttons I would be ok but there is no way to remember who is what letter. I just need to see the list.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Speed Dial Utitlity

I'm sorry, I don't see what the utility of this would be. With the ability of Dial By Name search, when you press and hold slightly, the Green Phone key and then start typing a name, what advantage would this new app have? You'll find the name a lot quicker than scrolling though a list of thirty names. Additionally, you can set up the list that shows in the Phone App to show the Most used phone numbers, which should be close to what you want.

Options/General Options Phone List View = Most Used.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by morrisonm
    I am looking for a better speed dial utility. I want the utility to be easier to get to even showing up with an assignable button or on the main screen. Any ideas. It would just need to have a list of my 30 most frequently called phone numbers.

The issue with the blackberry utility is it is burried. If i could get that one to be assignable to the buttons I would be ok but there is no way t
    o remember who is what letter. I just need to see the list.
    You have A-Z speed dials. You can't need more than 26 people on speed dial. I don't think the President has that many people on speed dial. you can go to the address book by pressing "A" then the next letter for the name search, don't get much faster than that.

It actually does get quicker. On both my old palm treo and my mobile treo they display the list of quick dial numbers either by the persons photo or by the name you assign to the speed dial key. This is display on the main menu of the phone not several clicks in. 26 is fine.. you should just be able to see them very quickly. I guess when you don't have this ability you just get used to not having it. But if you had it you would wonder where it went. Again it's my only issue with the Blackberry so far. It's been a much better phone overall.

It seems like you speed dial list should be an assignable function to one of the two programable keys. That's all I would want.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by morrisonm
    It actually does get quicker. On both my old palm treo and my mobile treo they display the list of quick dial numbers either by the persons photo or by the name you assign to the speed dial key. This is display on the main menu of the phone not several clicks in. 26 is fine.. you should just be able to see them very quickly. I guess when you don't have this ability you just get used to not having it. But if you had it you would wonder where it went. Again it's my only issue with the Blackberry so far. It's been a much better phone overall.

It seems like you speed dial list should be an assignable function to one of the two programable keys. That's all I would want.
    Using the letter keys to speed dial is one click. That's the fastest you can get is it not? I don't understand what you're asking for maybe that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by untjoker
    Using the letter keys to speed dial is one click. That's the fastest you can get is it not? I don't understand what you're asking for maybe that's the problem.
    Yes I understand that is fast i simply don't remember the 26 letters for each person. G = John, B = Lisa etc. etc. So what the treo offers is the one click for those you call very frequently plus a list of the speed dials on the very first screen that you can view by name or picture. It is very helpful if you have a staff of 24 and you aren't about to try to remember each letter and how it equates to each person. I know you can view the speed dial list but. it's a few steps in. go to the phone app then, click wheel click then go to speed dial list. It's just not as convienent as seeing it on the screen ready to go. If i could program the program keys to show me the speed dial list i would be happy.

One former treo person used a different naming convention to get them all to show up under the phone list when you first log in to the phone app. I may try that.

This one has been available for so long on the treo that I just assumed it would there.

Mike