Hi, I found a problem or two; 1. The "unlock" keypad doesn't work. Usually when ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

choi4096 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205931D4

Sound problems with 4.2 OS

Advertisement

Hi, I found a problem or two; 1. The "unlock" keypad doesn't work. Usually when I have to unlock it, I just turn my thumbwheel a click and then the options UNLOCK, EMERGENCY CALL and CANCEL appears. And when I choose UNLOCK, the keypod lock unlocks (naturally). Now, with the 4.2v, the "Press * and SEND" option appears. It doesn't unlock with the UNLOCK option.

Another problem is the ringer. I usually use MP3s for my alerts; rings, email, SMS, etc.. I noticed that with the 4.2v, the sound is significantly softer than what it used to be in the 4.1v... I use an 8700g, and my wife uses an 8700c. I remember she used to have the same problem --soft multimedia sounds-- and there was a fix I picked up in Blackberry Forums. All we had to do was call someone and put it in call mode, then while in call mode, press speaker phone option and crank up the volume. And.. my wife's phone problem was fixed. -- I did the same with mine, thought it might work, but it didn't. -- What should I do? Any suggestions?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Sound problems with 4.2 OS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Have you done a battery pull? Is anyone else having this problem with the 4.2 update?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

With the unlock, can you even unlock it by just typing in your password?

PIN/ID
    205931D4

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Have you done a battery pull? Is anyone else having this problem with the 4.2 update?
    I've done this lots of times. I even tried the fix some guys here came out with the similar problem they had with 8700c (out of the box). It didn't work for my problem here. YES, there are others who have this kind of problem.

PIN/ID
    205931D4

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    With the unlock, can you even unlock it by just typing in your password?
    I don't actually use that feature (password protection). I do lock the keypads everytime because I might accidentally press a speed dial key. So I wouldn't really know. And I hate unlock my keypads by pressing lots of keys before it actually unlocks. It's simpler before (at 4.1), I use my thumb wheel, highlight unlock and click.

wildirishman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2465d1ff

Smile Re: Sound problems with 4.2 OS

I have the same issue, the ringer is really soft and it setting is on high???? My lock problem is the same, I'm hoping that a patch is created to fix these minor problems. I'll watch this thread and see if we get any new ideas.
    www.picasaweb.google.com/sean.mcnierney

In youth we learn, in age we understand

bmwmpower no está en línea Stack level 2

It's a lil quirky... resetting helps. I hate the whole vibrate before ringing option.

shafique no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ihave the same problem in ring & unlocking.I have another problem of slow browsing with OS 4.2.Is there any patch or solution????????????????