Whenevr I'm at the home screen , and no msgs emails and sms messages come ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

xcrskim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B6C256

Something wrong with my BB

Advertisement

Whenevr I'm at the home screen , and no msgs emails and sms messages come in , the arrows show up at the top right even though my bb is not on the internet or receiving any type of msg / email. Also, usually when I hit the CAP or ALT button, my bb indicates to me in the top right hand corner that I'm pushing those buttons but now it doesn't show up anymore. Can anyone help me out with these 2 situations ? Thanks a lot. Btw I have A BB 8703e.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Something wrong with my BB

Xcrskim, have you tried a battery pull reset (take out battery with BB on then wait at least 30 seconds before putting it back in)?

PIN/ID
    32B6C256

i just did it and it worked, thanks.
    but why is it that i have to pull out the battery when this happens.. why does this happen ? is there a way to prevent it ?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Every once in a while BB's get snagged and things like this happen. Pulling the battery, recycles the unit and memory and usually clears up little things like this. I don't think there is a way to preempt this from happending again. It's always a good habit to do a battery pull at least once a week to keep your BB (and its memory) fresh.

PIN/ID
    32B6C256

ok, thanks alot ljbyar