I just bought an 8703e today and its my first smartphone so i have a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cluett20 no está en línea Stack level 1

some Blackberry 8703e questions

Advertisement

I just bought an 8703e today and its my first smartphone so i have a few q's...

sorry if these answers are in other posts somewhere else, i did look around a bit but my BB is through Bell Canada..dunno if the provider makes any difference.

1. I installed the disk that came with my BB, and it installed desktop manager onto my computer. I was looking a few themes and downloads on this site and when I finally downloaded one of them and tried to transfer it by clicking the "Add" button, it says it cannot find any additional applications and nothing happends? am I doing somthing wrong or using the wrong program?

2. Although my model does not have a media player, am I still able to trasfer an MP3 song from my computer to my BB and use it as a ring tone?

3. This is almost the same as the first one but if I wanted to take a picture from my digital camera, load it onto my comp, then transfer it onto my BB and use it for a background or just have it on there in the memory, is that possible. I'm guessing it would be done the same way as the themes and other applications.

Other than these things, I think BB's are great. Thanks a lot, and i'd appreciate any help.
    Last edited by cluett20; 02-08-2008 at 05:15 AM.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: some Blackberry 8703e questions

1. Re-install OS
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

2. I'm not familiar with this. try it, copy the file, browse to it on the phone (if you can) press menu and see if you can chose "set as phone tune"

3. Kinda same like 2, ifyou can browse to the file and choose "set as home screen image"

Now i'm just familiar with Pearl, so the menues are probably different tan 8703e, but I hope I was som help for you

Yes you were, thank you very much...I dont have the full data package and they were very vaige about telling me what I can do for free without incurring charges..they said I can do emails and stuff, but seems like every second thing I try to do open's a browser..I should probably clear that up so im not afraid to mess around with it. Dont wanna have to take out a mortgage to pay my next phone bill. Canada has one of the most expensive data rates in the world..

I also read the link that you sent, but when I plug my BB into my comp using the USB cord, it says its connected. I could be wrong, but i think the problem is that I am supposed to put all the files I want to trasfer into a designated folder that apparantly got downloaded to my computer when I installed the CD; however when I look for the folder, it does not appear to be on my computer. I'm going to try and reinstall it to see if that works
    Last edited by cluett20; 02-08-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

do they? I tougt Norway was the worst.. here we are talking 80$ for unlimited data, + 30$ for BIS (inlcudes 5mb free transfer) access. Making a total of 110$ a month if you want unlimited+BIS.

I would say the prices are pretty much equal to that here in Canada. The plan I am on currently is a Corporate plan for 25.. this gives me 200 anytime minites or somthing with free access fee, call answer and a bunch of other crap. I had this plan on a regular cell phone until today when I upgraded to a BB...I kept the same 25 dollar corporate plan plus I have to pay an additional 15-20 dollars a month (wasnt really listening) just to be able to send and receive email. With that i get a mind boggeling 4MB of web browsing capability... viewing one page usually takes up 1MB im told. beyond that and I'm gettin nailed. I found this out the hard way.. when i first got a phone with web capability, i downloaded a ring tone and a background from my browser. i was on there no more than 15 mins and got charged over 60 dollars for my troubles. For a developed country we sure are lacking in some areas.