Hello everyone, this is my first official post. I have had my 8700g for about ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tvalentine no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello everyone, this is my first official post. I have had my 8700g for about 2 months now and I love it to death. The screen, keyboard, phone and email just great. My only issue is with the lack of basic installed software. I have owned several windows smartphones and a few diff models of ipaqs and they all had software builtin which I consider a must for any phone calling itself a smartphone or pda type phone. Why dosen't my blackberry come with a viewer of some sort for documents and spreadsheets? You pickup any windows smartphone and you have this software, my wife's treo has this software but, not my blackberry. Someone sent me spreadsheet in a email message and I was like cool, until opened it and then I was like you have got to be kidding me. I am not looking to create spreadsheets or word documents (that would be nice) but, I should be able to view them in their native format on my bb... shouldn't I. And yes I know that there is a bunch of shareware/commercial options available to me, a viewer is so basic that I should only look at 3rd party software if I want go beyond what the viewer dosen't do. Sorry for the rant, I just think that for the money that I paid for my 8700g it should come with some useful business apps. Again, sorry for the rant. Also, if something like this is available (freeware) point me to it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Software???

Well, I have had no problem reading excel spread sheets or Word docs sent to my BB as Attachments. Can't really see much at a time and a lot of the format is missing, but you can read them which is the important thing. And the fact that RIM didn't manufacture PDAs, only Communications Tools has something to do with the minimal support for Microsoft devices.

When the Palm PDAs first came out you had to buy Docs to Go to get word/excel files on the Palms. And of course you get Word/Excel for free on Windows Mobile OS phones.

Just my two cents.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles