All of a sudden, I only recieve SOME of my SMS. In the beginning they ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tnewsome12 no está en línea Stack level 1

SMS Trouble

Advertisement

All of a sudden, I only recieve SOME of my SMS. In the beginning they used to appear in the email message list (along with other emails). Now if they do appear, I have to go into the SMS Inbox folder to get them. I've not added any new apps and only have factory themes installed. I now get a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException" error out of the blue when I hard/soft reboot and when I try to open SMS Outbox. SMS is no longer appearing in the options list either. Please help, I've read other posts and tried all those solutions (except for starting all over and reinstalling software). Is that my only solution? Please forgive me if this question has already been answered, I looked all over but no other solution worked.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewsome12 View Post
    All of a sudden, I only recieve SOME of my SMS. In the beginning they used to appear in the email message list (along with other emails). Now if they do appear, I have to go into the SMS Inbox folder to get them. I've not added any new apps and only have factory themes installed. I now get a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException" error out of the blue when I hard/soft reboot and when I try to open SMS Outbox. SMS is no longer appearing in the options list either. Please help, I've read other posts and tried all those solutions (except for starting all over and reinstalling software). Is that my only solution? Please forgive me if this question has already been answered, I looked all over but no other solution worked.
    Hi tnewsome. If the sms text option is not in the options list and you are getting an uncaught exception it seems the only thing left to do is to reload the software. Definitely sounds like you have either missing software or corrupted software. This thread should assist you with doing so. Not sure which device you have but you should be able to find a link on this site for the latest software. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 03-15-2008 at 02:21 PM.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Before you reload the software. Sometimes uncaught exceptions are caused strictly by bad Data. Try backing up yoru device and then doing a "Wipe Handheld" you can do that by going to Option>Security Options>General Settings and then bring up the menu and select "Wipe Handheld"

Once that is done and the device comes back on. Turn on your wireless signal and then register on the network. See if it will work for you then

Thanks so much for the help! I'm going to try to wipe the handheld first, if that doesnt work, I'll just reload the software. Thanks again!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Back up and then try the wipe. But usually whenever you get that error message you will have to reload the OS. In regards to your sms. You may have changed the option in your messaging option to set it up to be theme controlled or split. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Now before I do anything, does it make a difference that I am a BES user, this is my work phone. I don't even know how to back it up away from the desktop. I'm not worried about my contacts (should I be?) because they're on my destop at work. If I re-install the OS do I have to be at my desktop at work or have IT do it for me? I just wanted to get this problem solved, because I need my messages before Monday.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you are a BES user and have Wireless synchronization then your device would be backed up by the BES. If you wipe your device you will have to reactivate after wiping to get you BES email working and have your information restored.