I Sometimes Have Trouble With My Phone If I Go To Call Someone It Waits ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Purplelighting no está en línea Stack level 2

Slow Responce Time

Advertisement

I Sometimes Have Trouble With My Phone If I Go To Call Someone It Waits A Few Seconds Then Goes To The Dialing Screen Sometimes Maybe Even Ten Seconds Also When I Send A Text/sms Or Email It Does It Too

It Has Just Started Doing This So Maybe Something Wrong With My Phone I Am Not Sure Or I Just Noticed It Now Hummm

JRawlinson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

Re: Slow Responce Time

Generally when this happens to me, I do a battery pull and it ends up improving the response time dramatically. Someone smarter than me (read: everyone) will be along shortly to offer a better suggestion, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JRawlinson View Post
    Generally when this happens to me, I do a battery pull and it ends up improving the response time dramatically. Someone smarter than me (read: everyone) will be along shortly to offer a better suggestion, I'm sure.
    This is correct, but the reason it works is that it frees memory. Sometimes, the less free memory you have available the slower the device's response time. This was especially noticeable when I had my 8700g and with my current 7290. So, the battery pull, freeing up the file handles helps; additionally, you may want to free up more memory by deleting unused items.

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b

Try pressing alt+caps+del in that order ending up pressing all three at the same time. It will soft reset your phone. No need to take your battery out.

Quote Originally Posted by greystealth View Post
    Try pressing alt+caps+del in that order ending up pressing all three at the same time. It will soft reset your phone. No need to take your battery out.
    Soft reset doesn't solve the response time problem because it doesn't release file handles. Take a look at this thread, especially in the latter section, for a clear explanation: Are there any apps that monitor memory? To sum up, power actually needs to be removed from the device for the memory to reset itself.