Hello I've got an issue with many of my 8700c BB's As of about a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Cmac no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Sim Card Rejected/sim Card Error

Advertisement

Hello

I've got an issue with many of my 8700c BB's As of about a month or so ago users started complaining about the following errors:

SIM CARD REJECTED/SIM CARD ERROR

I know we can take the battery and the SIM CARD out and restart the the device. However, the only way people find out this error has occured is if they happen to look at the device or they get their a$$e$ chewed for not responding.

Is this an issue with the SIM card being old and not 3G?
    Is this an issue with the older OS?

Can anyone shed any light? The carrier is AT&T Wireless.

Regards
    CMAC

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Sim Card Rejected/sim Card Error

reboot (sometimes it just re-reads it and works), if it is still there you will need to contact your wireless provider for a new SIM card. It's nothing to do with 3G or not, or OS version.

Cmac no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks, we started replacing SIM Cards. Hopefully this works

mhalley5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Usually happens when it falls off a table and hits the ground...Just take the battery out and put it back it. You'll miss calls, but any messages will be retrieved once rebooted.

cronkster54 no está en línea Stack level 1

CMAC....I too have been experiencing this problem for a little more than a month.....the exact problem you are describing. This error was occuring with more and more frequency, sometimes 3 times a day. I called ATT technical folks and they suggested I replace the SIM card. I replaced the card and same issue. I called ATT again since my 8700c was still under warranty. They wanted to make sure I had the latest OS installed (I did). They also read to me a bulleting about some states experiencing this issue with blackberry because some new radio signals had been installed in certain states causing interference with blackberry usage and this issue in particular.

I demanded they replace my unit just to rule out another variable. I got the new unit three days ago. The same error has happened once since then, so perhaps this bulleting has some merrit?

It is really frustrating as I am on call 24X7 and you are right....the only way you know the phone isn't working is if you happen to look at it.

ATT says they are working on the issue, but who knows what that means or when it will be fixed? I guess we just need to continue contacting customer service to keep the heat on.

BTW, I am in MI and there were about 5 states in this region she mentioned as having this issue.

Purplelighting no está en línea Stack level 2

When i was driving to Detroit from Chicago when i got there it did the same thing and i Thought that i just bumped it and so i pulled the sim card out but it back in and worked fine.. But when I drove back to Chicago the same thing happend and i know that i didnt hit bump or drop it.... hummm makes me think dont get me wrong I have dropped my phone in the past and it says the same thing sim card rejected

tforte no está en línea Stack level 1

We have been having this same issue on the Pearl & 8700's, located in Metro Kansas City area (KS & MO)

swampkitty no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i took my pearl to at&t for the same issue. He replaced the sim card, and proceeded to tell me that "it is a common & known problem w/ this phone and the error is caused simply by the Sim card getting loose". I find it a bit off that rim might let so many phones sell with the same hardwear issue. That is all I know this far, but since the guy installed my new card & I have not dropped it yet, it has not had any errors since. Hope this helps.