I took out my battery and there is a black plasticy rectangle, I removed that ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

SIM card in 8703e?

Advertisement

I took out my battery and there is a black plasticy rectangle, I removed that and there is a slot that looks like a card of some sort goes in it and an arrow...iv never had a phone with a sim card is that what this is and what happens if I put a sim card from say cingular in it?

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Re: SIM card in 8703e?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try it out and see what happens, maybe it is a slot for extra memory, let us know how it turns out, I see the plastic cover, mine is glued down. Looking forward to see what happens.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: SIM card in 8703e?

Seeing as you are on Verizon (CDMA) with an 8703e, I can confidentally say that is not a SIM card. SIM cards are used by GSM carriers. The "guts" of your BB will not support GSM networks (ATT, TMob.) All I can figure is it's a "dummy" slot... kinda like those blank plastic pieces in car dashes that don't have all of the luxury features. I would check my Sprint 8703e to see if I even see this same thing. But, I'm in the middle of a BBM conversation and don't want to shut it down. Anyway, definitely not a SIM card and definitely not a memory expansion slot (we could only WISH.)