My 8700G periodicaly goes to SOS and says sim card error and i have to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rmcquerrey no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Sim Card Error

Advertisement

My 8700G periodicaly goes to SOS and says sim card error and i have to turn it off and back on to get it to clear. My service provider says its a known issue with the 8700 and Rim is working on it but no time frame. Does any one else have this problem or have a solution

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Sim Card Error

I had it happen to me one time, but I rebooted and had no problem...

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~It used to happen to me all the time. Come to find out it was a problem with T mobiles towers in my area. Now that they did whatever they did I no longer have the problem. I also have the 8700g. And I know just how nerve racking it can be. I finally called tmo and told them that it was not my unit but a network issue. Finally they agreed to put a work order thru to the techs. About three days later I was called and told that they had forund and rectified the problem. And so they have. I no longer have the problem.
    The odd thing was, it seemed to happen more in the morning than any other time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~It used to happen to me all the time. Come to find out it was a problem with T mobiles towers in my area. Now that they did whatever they did I no longer have the problem. I also have the 8700g. And I know just how nerve racking it can be. I finally called tmo and told them that it was not my unit but a network issue. Finally they agreed to put a work order thru to the techs. About three days later I was called and told that they had forund and rectified the problem. And so they have. I no longer have the problem.
    The odd thing was, it seemed to happen more in the morning than any other time of the day.
    Thanks for the info. Cellular One is convinced that there network is fine that it is a software issue on my phone but it is funny my phone seems to give me the most fits during morning and evening.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That sounds exactly like my problem. I wish you luck on convincing them. It played heck with tmo.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its an issue with the manufactuers inital sw try to upgrade to a diff sw version. Also if you have dropped it the wrong way it will do that because you will damage the part the sees the inserted sim

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I don't know Pentace. I went thru this and it did end up being a network issue. It turned out that it had something to do with the towers in my area. Once tmo did whatever it was they did. I've had no further problems. Now with rmcquerrey you just may be right. But in my case it was a confirmed network issue. And the symptons are almost identical. Im really curious to see if what you suggest works. And I'll be a little mad at all the runaround tmo. Gave me.
    Don't get me wrong Pentace. im not trying to say you are wrong. I have the utmost respect for your knowledge. And you far outshine me in that department.
    Im just saying that the problems are almost identical, and that in my case it was network.

Its only 4 weeks old and has never been dropped its been handled like an egg and it was doing it right out of the box. as for software upgrade im running the latest and only software version that cell one has available

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nobody says it has to be cell one sw I persally use the 8707 software cause it stops the problem with negative emails previous I was using telestra whoch has the neg email glitch previous to that hong kong csl

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had the negative email problem with T-Mobile's last OS before they released the new one and I found out that's an issue between AOL and RIM, which a fix for is coming sometime soon. I deleted my AOL email from the BIS and will wait until it is fixed to readd the addresses.

I don't use aol but it was happening with gmail too until I upgraded to the 4.1.0.316 os

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Oh ok.