I've noticed that below 25% battery power i'm loosing my EDGE signal, and it leaves ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

hrkyman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25004A47

Signal reception Vs. Battery power

Advertisement

I've noticed that below 25% battery power i'm loosing my EDGE signal, and it leaves me only with GSM signal. When I recharge, the signal comes back.
    Can that be true?

If it's correct, that brings us to another question!
    I have Blackberry 8700g that I bought two weeks ago at T-Mobile.

In average I talk about 1 hour, send 10-15 e-mails and use BBmessenger for half an hour.

I unplug it from recharger at 8:00am and at 11:00pm my battery power is at 20%

Is that normal/acceptable?

Thank you!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Signal reception Vs. Battery power

Are you using a BlueTooth headset when you talk on the phone? That's a heavy drainer on battery power.

I noticed, when I had my 7100 series devices, that if I let the battery get too low, it will automatically shut off the radio signal to the phone until it gets at least 20% battery power (I have let it get down to 15% power before at times).

Are there other apps/programs left running in the background? I know that having the Browser and BB Messenger on can run your battery down. You can exit the browser. Only way to shut down BB Messenger is to pull the battery or turn off the BB. Try logging off any messengers/programs you have on the phone (except BlackBerry Messenger) when you're not using them.

hrkyman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25004A47

No bluetooth, no other programs in the background (other than those that can't be turned off)

What are your experiences with battery life?

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

low signal can kill your battery.

it can be true...in CDMA i know the tower controls power output....so if the battery begins to die, you could notice service.

i'm not sure how it works for GSM.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy