Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey all, I am unsure if I should upgrade to an 8700g. I have found ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Should I upgrade to a 8700g?

Advertisement

Hey all,

I am unsure if I should upgrade to an 8700g. I have found a great deal on the 8700g on e-bay. (which would not require a contract) Even thou I am very happy with T-mobile, I just don't like contracts

I currently have a BB 7105t, which is a nice phone, and I am not sure when the 8800 will come out.

I am eagerly waiting for the 8800, cause of reports of wifi and other cool features. I use my phone for mostly e-mail, and browsing the net, so any multimedia functions like on the pearl are not really for me.

Should I upgrade, or just keep my 7105t until a new phone comes out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Should I upgrade to a 8700g?

well, if you can wait and your 7105t ain't broken...i'd wait

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Agreed.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I would, but I like getting a new phone every few months anyways. On second thought, I am a phone junkie DO NOT listen to me. haha

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I guess it depends on how good of a deal you are getting on the 8700g and how quickly you'll get the 8800 when it comes out. I love my 8700g. It is a great workhorse and is great for email and browsing.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I guess it depends on how good of a deal you are getting on the 8700g and how quickly you'll get the 8800 when it comes out. I love my 8700g. It is a great workhorse and is great for email and browsing.
    hmm...well I am getting the 8800, once it comes out. Thou I am looking for a new job in (cellular) telecommunications. I probably should wait until I find out what I am doing before I buy the 8800. (dont want to be under contract)

So, for example, if I land a job with T-mobile, I would be set, but say if I get a job with Cingular (AT&T) I would probably switch to get the employee plan if offered.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to the 8700g...get it unlocked. The thing is thou, I love my service with T-mobile, thinking of switching is like breaking up with the love of your life

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom
    hmm...well I am getting the 8800, once it comes out. Thou I am looking for a new job in (cellular) telecommunications. I probably should wait until I find out what I am doing before I buy the 8800. (dont want to be under contract)

So, for example, if I land a job with T-mobile, I would be set, but say if I get a job with Cingular (AT&T) I would probably switch to get the employee plan if offered.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to the 8700g...get it unlocked. The thing is thou, I love my service with T-mobile, thinking of switching is like breaking up with the love of your life
    Hi, my name is Archer and I'm a phone/smartphone addict!..........
    I have lots of experience with buying new phones very often.

Ok, now that I have that out of the way, I would suggest that you stay put with what you have. Why? Because as you will discover at some point, newer or different is not always better. I'm not discouraging you from getting a new BlackBerry, just suggesting that you do not make a decision at the moment. The model you have is a good one, and it's serving your needs presently. I would wait for a few reasons.

1) Your new job may set you up with a BB Free. Nothing beats free.

2) I always wait until at least a couple of months after a new model is released so others can write reports and I can see if there are bugs, or issues that I would be bothered by.
    Usually the early model of nearly any tech product has a few issues, that require attention.
    Then just a few weeks to months later they are fixed and the shipping models at that time are well sorted out.

3) I have an 8700c and I find the keys are oddly shaped, tapered and hard to use. That was my mistake for assuming it would have a good keyboard, so I did not pay attention until I already bought it.

4) My 7130c is my fav, because it has larger, well spaced keys and I can type much faster on it with less errors than the 8700c.

So focus on going out there and get that telecom job you want. Then if they do not give you the model you want, reward yourself for being patient, getting the job, and buy whatever you want at that time.

Cheers....

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

As someone already mentioned. It all depends on how sweet the deal is. My school of thought is that you can never have too many phones. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dts51
    My school of thought is that you can never have too many phones. ;-)
    Thanks for thinking like I do, I feel better already.

My phone inventory is up to six, all new this year.

Am I addicted or what?......

Cheers...

silkk83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242C6026

patience is a vertue......... but the 8700 is the best thing out rite now. thats untill the 8800 drops....
    The Infamous 80's Baby
    Created in 1983©
    "Focus on progress not perfection"

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Get the 8700 with no contract. When the 88 drops, lock and load that thing too.

Then sell the 8700 to me for cheap. Lol. I love the 8700

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jon01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040D4FF

just having a full keyboard makes the 8700g worth it imo

- Jon
    BB 8700g
    PIN: 2040D4FF

vw1pntatet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2420a639

I would wait

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

I would be careful of buying a BB, or any phone for that matter, from ebay. First, you need to make sure the IMEI and PIN have been released by the owner and BIS is cancelled. Also, if that device was on BES, it has to be wiped and all policies and passwords have to be cleared. Otherwise, you have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    I would be careful of buying a BB, or any phone for that matter, from ebay. First, you need to make sure the IMEI and PIN have been released by the owner and BIS is cancelled. Also, if that device was on BES, it has to be wiped and all policies and passwords have to be cleared. Otherwise, you have problems.
    This is an Excellent suggestion. As one who has used ebay frequentely over the last few years, I have noticed a dramatic increase in fraudulant sellers. It's disappointing because it's so time consuming, costly and the level of safety has gone down. So when dealing on ebay it's really "Buyer Beware".

So be careful and Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast