I have a 7130 and I am kind of tired of suretype and a small ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

MT
    MT no está en línea Stack level 3

Should I sitch to 8703e from 7130?

Advertisement

I have a 7130 and I am kind of tired of suretype and a small screen, but I am hesitant because I do like it but I have my eyes on the 8703.... any users out there have it and want to recomend it? Should I make the switch.... is it a step up or down?

I esp would like the gps... does it use a lot of data?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: Should I sitch to 8703e from 7130?

Its for sure a step up. New form factor plus full qwerty keypad. Battery life is excellent as well. And im not sure about Telus but you may be able to upgrade to the newest 4.2 software for the 8703.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I switched to the 8703 from the 7130 about 4 months ago and I couldn't be happier. I can definitely type ALOT faster with the full QWERTY keypad opposed to sure-type.

The GPS doesn't use alot of data but it wouldn't matter since you would have to have a data plan to use the GPS features. Alltel is still on the 4.1 OS but I am hoping to see the 4.2 OS upgrade here real soon.

Good luck...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

MT

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    I switched to the 8703 from the 7130 about 4 months ago and I couldn't be happier. I can definitely type ALOT faster with the full QWERTY keypad opposed to sure-type.

The GPS doesn't use alot of data but it wouldn't matter since you would have to have a data plan to use the GPS features. Alltel is still on the 4.1 OS but I am hoping to see the 4.2 OS upgrade here real soon.

Good luck...

What is the difference between 4.1 and 4.2? Does one support GPS and one not?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

No, they both support GPS...GPS is based on the hardware on the phone, not with the OS. 4.2 would give you the home screen like the Curve and the Pearl and give you some media options.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

bmd1555 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been a long time pocket pc/treo user and I was very hesitant to switch to a blackberry, but my company was giving them out as new phones. I had to pay for the phone itself so I played with everyone elses blackberry to find out which one I liked. The 8703e is by far the best pda/phone that I have ever owned. You will be completly happy with it's performance.

MT

Quote Originally Posted by bmd1555
    I have been a long time pocket pc/treo user and I was very hesitant to switch to a blackberry, but my company was giving them out as new phones. I had to pay for the phone itself so I played with everyone elses blackberry to find out which one I liked. The 8703e is by far the best pda/phone that I have ever owned. You will be completly happy with it's performance.

Thanks... Now I just have to find a good price! Welcome to the stacks