Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been using the 8700c for a week now and love the push email ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jqj
    jqj no está en línea Stack level 1

Should I keep the 8700 or let it go?

Advertisement

I have been using the 8700c for a week now and love the push email but I also talk alot on my phone 4000+ minutes a month. It seems like the quality of the sound is poor at best and I am saying "what did you say" more that I ever have on any phone. I am still within my 30 days with Cingular and considering sending this back for a good old voice only phone and plan. Does anyone have any fixes or has BlackBerry just not real good on the voice?

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Re: Should I keep the 8700 or let it go?

I don't know much about the 8700, but the voice quality on my 7100i (Nextel) is very good. If you like the BlackBerry service but the 8700 isn't working for you, you may want to try Cingular's version of the 71XX series. You do give up the qwerty keyboard, but its narrower and can be used one-handed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by jqj
    I have been using the 8700c for a week now and love the push email but I also talk alot on my phone 4000+ minutes a month. It seems like the quality of the sound is poor at best and I am saying "what did you say" more that I ever have on any phone. I am still within my 30 days with Cingular and considering sending this back for a good old voice only phone and plan. Does anyone have any fixes or has BlackBerry just not real good on the voice?
    How are you using the phone? Are you using a bluetooth headset or holding the BB directly to your ear? I have to admit I have only used the phone service once on my BB ( I don't have a voice plan on it yet) but I didn't notice any difficulties.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I have a7100i (nextel) also. I had sprint and people do tell me "You sound so clear". Thats when im able 2 place a call. LOL

jqj

I have used it mostly by holding it to my ear, but I have also used the included ear bud. There was not a difference. I am thinking about picking up a bluetooth headset today and trying it out..

I am just wondering if the phone side of the BB is a little lacking at this point. I have no question that the data side of BB is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jqj

It's not the voice quality its the sound I am recieving from the unit as well as the ear bud..

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

I have used it mostly by holding it to my ear, but I have also used the included ear bud. There was not a difference. I am thinking about picking up a bluetooth headset today and trying it out..

I am just wondering if the phone side of the BB is a little lacking at this point. I have no question that the data side of BB is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Many times a bluetooth headset has given me much better sound quality than a standard ear bud. Good luck with that. I hate to see you have to give up such a fanastic product
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

PIN/ID

Yeah I hear it is terrific. Hoping nextel picks it up but hey. Are you turning your volime up 2 high? Also hows your speakerphone feature sound?

jqj

I've got another 2 weeks before I am stuck with it. Again I love it other than the cound quality. I am always talking on my phone. One other question...Can you point me to a good Web site to download themes?

jqj

Quote Originally Posted by ENY428
    Yeah I hear it is terrific. Hoping nextel picks it up but hey. Are you turning your volime up 2 high? Also hows your speakerphone feature sound?
    I'm not even sure how to use the speaker phone

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

8700c's 'mic' is on the left side of the keyboard between the ALT and NUM key
    I have found that if i put it to my RIGHT ear the mic is slightly closer to my mouth and people can hear me a bit better
    if i change to my left ear i find people say 'what' more often
    i thought it was kinda strange that a bout 1.5 inches made a difference...but it seems to in my case...i speak softly though
    Bluetooth is an option but i can't urge you enough to try to TEST it out first
    i got a HS810 from motorola and i pick up so much ambient noise on it that i can't use it in the car....
    get a blue tooth set that gets the mic near your mouth...and then find reviews on it
    overall though people do say 'what' with my 8700 compared to my old phone

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I'm not even sure how to use the speaker phone
    during a call hit the toggle wheel and click on like ENABLE speaker or something
    it's obvious if you do it in a call

jqj

Thanks........got it.

PIN/ID

themes www.millenniastudio.com/blackberry.htm

I think you need to download the plazmic theme reader first. Theres a link at the bottom of the page at the above site. Hope it works. Hate to lose one to the other side. LOL

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ jqj do you have the option of comparing yours to another one. Say maybe at the outlet store where you got it. You may just have a deffective unit. I have the 8700g with tmo, and sound is great. Both sending and receiving. Well except when im on my bluetooth. But that's cause my bluetooth is junk. Lol! I would really look into trying to compare it to another 8700 if that is at all an option.

Just putting my stone in the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast