i've cross posted this on (but i like the pinstack side better ) Hey ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

eseayen22 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Setting up my 8700c

i've cross posted this on (but i like the pinstack side better)

Hey everyone i'm expecting my 8700c any minute now...... I want to make sure i have everything in line to get this working asap.......

What do i need to do in what order to get it working?? as far as calling cingular to activate it and installing the OS and desktop manager??

also will i need to setup my PIN or is that setup included in the OS install??

this is my first blackberry so i'm COMPLETELY clueless as far as getting it up and running......

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Thumbs up Re: Setting up my 8700c

Call cingular with the activation number they provide in the box. I don't know it offhand. Once it is up and running you can install dekstop manager via the provided cd. I highly recommend browsing this:

Take the 8700c short course; it's definately worth it.

Very useful.

Have fun with your new BB.
    Last edited by jrockett; 06-01-2007 at 02:42 PM.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Setting up my 8700c

Posting here is a good idea. The OS should come preinstalled in the BB. There are other carrier OS's that you can install for more functionality though. Those will need to have the desktop manager program installed. Have fun and enjoy.

~via BB (