Alright... I did my usual routine in making ringtones. Uploaded em to my host... they ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

crystalized no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Serious Question About Ringtones?! Need HELP ASAP!

Advertisement

Alright... I did my usual routine in making ringtones.
    Uploaded em to my host... they all worked, all the links correct, right extension of the ringtone (mp3), nothing odd acting...

PROBLEM: I got one to my phone & when I went to upload the 2nd one, all of a sudden my phone shut off. Well, it reloaded and now when I try to download ringtones all it does is TICK twice... no RINGTONE SOUND at ALL!
    I don't get any error message, phone still seems to act normal.

Now...here's the catcher... My ringtones in my profiles still work, but why won't the ones I download play after download before I save em?
    I tried deleting a few to see if maybe my memory was full, but nope... no problem.

HELP ASAP would be much appreciated!

Thanks! -Crystal.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Re: Serious Question About Ringtones?! Need HELP ASAP!

nevermind kids... it was the Sample rate... I had it too low... needs to be at
    22 or 32 Hz... ah... been a long day... lol... now I gotta redo all those ringtones that I had done & tried added to my site... LOL

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

48 hz would be ideal, just change the length of the tune to keep it under 500kb.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

cool... thanks Chris!

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Anyone lnow the max size for an mp3 ringtone? I managed to download one approx 776k and it works fine.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

It depends on the sampling rate and other small factors. I as well have a few that can easily be 900kb, but most of them I like to keep around 500kb...

mrbibidy no está en línea Stack level 2

There are two types of sample rates when dealing with encoded material. There is the standard sample rate of the digital material then there is the encoding sample rate (in this case mp3). I might be misunderstanding it but thats the way i understand it (I am a studio engineer so I think i have a pretty good grip of digital material but please correct me if i am wrong). My question is what is the best encoding rate for the 8700 series in your opinions. I am just about to start creating ring tones for my 8707g and want them to sond good but not take up heaps of space for want of sound quality. I am not desperate for the BEST sounding ring tone.