The only thing I don't like so far about my blackberry is the fact that ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Rhonda no está en línea Stack level 1

Separating all the messages

Advertisement

The only thing I don't like so far about my blackberry is the fact that all my messages, from text to email (3 separate accounts) end up in one place... is there a way to keep them separated?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    When you set-up these email accounts with your BB each time it should have created a seperate icon for each, the messages folder always displays all messages.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    You will only get what dfc420 says if you're on BIS 2.0 or higher. Most providers have upgraded by now, although Cingular allowed you to stay with BIS 1.8.

I have 7 email accounts - one BES and 6 BIS, and rather than clutter up the screen with all those icons, I've set up saved searches for each account.

From the Messages list, click the wheel and select Search. Scroll down to Services, hit [Alt], and select Desktop. Click the wheel and select Save. In the Title field enter something descriptive like "BES Email", then scroll down to the Shortcut Key field and assign it an [Alt] key combination (like B). Click the wheel and select Save.

Now, when you're in Messages, you can simply hit [Alt]b and after it finishes searching, only BES email will be on the list.

Yea, we all know this is lame compared to having an icon like the rest of your email, but it's as good as it gets for now!

J
    JerryD