Hi Is there a way to remove the "sent from blackberry handheld" signature when sending ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

johnfuller no está en línea Stack level 1

Sent using blackberry signature

Advertisement

Hi

Is there a way to remove the "sent from blackberry handheld" signature when sending messages from my device. Is this something I can change from my blackberry or is it changed on the BES server? Thanks.

John

cedrones no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448ba8f

Re: Sent using blackberry signature

On the device: Go into Messages, Options, Email Settings...

Change Use Auto Signature!
    The liver is EVIL, it must be PUNISHED!!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can change it on the BB or in Desktop Manager.

Hi Thanks for you help. I only have General Options and Reconciliation Options in my message options. Does anyone know how I either set my blackberry to have the Email Settings option in it or how I can set the option via the blackberry desktop software.

Thanks again.

John

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

If you are using BIS, then log into your account on the web and change the signature there.
    Michael

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sign into your bis account on your pc. Then you can change your signature option.

Hi, Thanks but you have totally lost me. What is BIS? My blackberry is on the company BES server. Does that make a difference?

Thanks again

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

yes, that will make a difference, you may have to go to the admin, even if you can change that at all. I do not know, but I am sure someone will be along soon who does...
    Michael

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Bis is Blackberry Internet Service.

PIN/ID
    2448ba8f

Quote Originally Posted by johnfuller
    Hi, Thanks but you have totally lost me. What is BIS? My blackberry is on the company BES server. Does that make a difference?

Thanks again
    It sounds as if your IT folks are being *really* restrictive as far as you being able to configure your BB goes. Is there a help desk you can call at work that would allow you to talk to the BES admins? I think there was a setting in Desktop Manger for the sig, but we now sync wirelessly and no longer load the DM software on machines so I don't have a copy to look at. Sorry I can't be more help...

We load the software purely so that we can charge the device by the PC usb cable. All snchronisation is done wirlessly. I can get the BES admin team to make a change if thats the only way of doing it. I hoped to find a device setting for it. I have checked with other BES Blackberry users here and they do have the "Email settings" option. They have the same model and use the same BES server. Could it be because I have occasionally synchronised manually with the desktop software so the the device is in "desktop mode" or something (just guessing wildly). I am pretty sure we are all using 4.1 of the device and desktop software.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    2448ba8f

Quote Originally Posted by johnfuller
    We load the software purely so that we can charge the device by the PC usb cable. All snchronisation is done wirlessly. I can get the BES admin team to make a change if thats the only way of doing it. I hoped to find a device setting for it. I have checked with other BES Blackberry users here and they do have the "Email settings" option. They have the same model and use the same BES server. Could it be because I have occasionally synchronised manually with the desktop software so the the device is in "desktop mode" or something (just guessing wildly). I am pretty sure we are all using 4.1 of the device and desktop software.

Thanks
    Very strange that they have it and you don't! Have you tried doing a battery reset? Give that a try and see if the settings screens change in email once the device is back up and running...