Hi, I just upgraded from a 7290 to an 8700c. On my 7290, I was ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Sending email from the messages icon

Advertisement

Hi, I just upgraded from a 7290 to an 8700c. On my 7290, I was able to change the default sending email address in messages to my home email. So emails came from my home email and not my blackberry email address. I have tried to change the "send using" option in the msgs folder to my home email, and it appears to work once. After that the "send using" email address says "default" and it reverts to my BB address. This isnt a big deal, I can go to my home email address icon and send email that way. But it was nice to just have one message icon on my 7290. Any thoughts?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Sending email from the messages icon

I believe you set the email in your email options.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you use the messages icon to send a message it will always default to the email you have set up in your options, advanced, messaging services. I think that is the right path, on my BB it says default services.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

cp6169's right. Just note that the BB will "remember" the last email account you used to send to a recipient and will default to that account, overriding the default set in Options->Advanced Options->Message Services.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks takeshi. I like how the BB will "remember" the previous email for that contact, its very convenient because I, after 4 years or so, cant ever remember to change the "send from address".