So I got a new 8700c from work today. Thing is great but I hate ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

acs01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen Saver?

Advertisement

So I got a new 8700c from work today. Thing is great but I hate the fact that the screen goes dark (not the backlight turing off, but the screen turns off) after about 15 seconds of inactivity. Isn't there a way to set the standby screen and timeout? p.s. I;m using the BB Dimension-Zen Theme. Any ideas? TIA

cedrones no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448ba8f

Re: Screen Saver?

Quote Originally Posted by acs01
    So I got a new 8700c from work today. Thing is great but I hate the fact that the screen goes dark (not the backlight turing off, but the screen turns off) after about 15 seconds of inactivity. Isn't there a way to set the standby screen and timeout? p.s. I;m using the BB Dimension-Zen Theme. Any ideas? TIA
    The screen going dark is what RIM considers the backlight turning off...

You can set the timeout by going into "options", then "screen/keyboard", then "backlight timeout".

As far as a screen saver goes: The device turning off the screen IS your screen saver! ;-)
    The liver is EVIL, it must be PUNISHED!!!

acs01 no está en línea Stack level 1

On my 7290 there was an option to set an image as the screen saver. Also, I like to keep my email screen up in mtgs so I can glance down at the new items coming in without irritating the meeting host. With the screen dark, when the red light flashes i've got to touch the device to wake it up which will I'm sure tick someone off.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Yup -- that was the 7290 and this is the 8700. They do behave differently but they have different screens. The 7290 had a reflective screen like older BB's and didn't need a backlight to be readable.