I have been researching all the various threads on this forum regarding fixing scratches on ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sfuser no está en línea Stack level 1

scratch on 8700

Advertisement

I have been researching all the various threads on this forum regarding fixing scratches on the 8700, including displex, etc. There appears to be some risk involved in using the products, and my unit is a corporate unit and so I am hesitant to use it without getting the following question answered.

I have a big scratch across my screeen from rubbing the screen by accident against a piece of metal - however, it's not a deep scratch at all. I can't feel it in the plastic if I run my finger over it. However, it reflects the light and appears as if it's a different color. My reaction to it ranges from slightly annoyed to drives me crazy.

Is this the type of scratch that people have removed with the products discussed, or is the product more appropriate for a deep scratch that you can feel?

Thanks all.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: scratch on 8700

sfuser, Welcome to PinStack.

Although I haven't had a need to use displex, I have heard people having good results from it. When you get it cleared up, I suggest a good screen protector to prevent a re-occurrence.

Sorry I can't be more help.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

sfuser no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you. Yes, I have ordered the screenpatronus protectors and will see how they work, however, it's too late for this scratch.

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try some car turtle wax, I just tried it out on my Pearl 8100 and it got rid of alot of my little scratches.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Displex worked great on my screen. The screenpatronus screen savers are awesome.
    PIN - 24053627

osodope no está en línea Stack level 2

welcome to stack

Flagheimer no está en línea Stack level 1

This was my first mistake, not getting a screen protector, after the first few weeks, I have a tiny scratch near the bottom left, so now I just buy this "cut it yourself" screen protector film, dealys. Never heard of Displex... Google, here I come!