Hi Everyone, Can anyone please let me how to save contacts in the address book ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

kbutt no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Saving Contacts in the Address Book/Attachments/MS office for BB!!

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please let me how to save contacts in the address book of BB 8700g in MS Outlook/Express.

On my previous phones which werent BB I use to connect the phone to my laptop and via phone software, syn. the address book where phone address book use to take priority over Outlook.

Tried doing that with my BB but it doesnt work? Contacts in my address book dont get copied in Outlook

Secondly, does anyone who why I dont get the attachments on the emails that are forwarded to my BB. I have seen the settings and there isnt any option which to not to forward or forward attachments. I am with O2, UK

Thridly, is there anyway of getting MS office i.e. Word, PP and Excel on BB without paying for them.

Lastly, how can I send attachments from my BB.

I know this is a long list of questions and would be grateful to everyone who can help me with my queries.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
    Kbutt

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Saving Contacts in the Address Book/Attachments/MS office for BB!!

Ok, let's see what I can do to answer you one at a time

First, you can't copy/transfer your contacts from Blackberry to Outlook Express. You have to have Microsoft Office Outlook. If you have Microsoft Outlook you just need to set up the SYNC on Desktop Manager to Sync with Outlook.

Second, Make sure that you have the Attachment Service on your blackberry. This is the only way to send and recieve attachments. Without it, nadda. Go to Options: Advanced Options: Applications. You should see about the 3rd listing down: Blackberry Attachment Service

Third:

Quote Originally Posted by kbutt

Thridly, is there anyway of getting MS office i.e. Word, PP and Excel on BB without paying for them.
    While there may be trial version for the software you have listed above, you will still have to pay for them at the end of the trial.

Hope I've answered all your questions,

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Many thanks for your reply Jade. My attachments are working now. But the syn thing isnt working. I have tried to syn the contact but it doesnt syn them. Do you reckon there is any other way to syn contacts or my BB is faulty.

PIN/ID
    203B4165

I hate to ask this, but are you sure you're using Microsoft OFFICE outlook and not outlook express? If so, did you open the Advanced tab in the Desktop Manager Sync and CONFIGURE your sync to Outlook?

Let me know so I can further assist you
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kbutt

What version of Desktop Manager are you using. You should be using 4.1 SP1 or later, with your 8700. Did you check all your Settings for syncing between your PIM and the BB. You have to tell it what you want to sync with on your PC. With the BB connected to DM, click on syncronzie and open the Configuration Tab. Click on Configure Settings. You will need to set up Address Book there at least.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Many thanks Jadedberry and Rcbjr. Things are working fine now.

PIN/ID
    203B4165

You're welcome Kbutt, so glad we could get this resolved for you Hope you are enjoying your 8700 as much as I enjoy mine!

If there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

Jade