Hello, I have a BB 8703e. I recently upgraded PC's and as a result have ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

duck44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Running backup with Desktop Crashes PC

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a BB 8703e. I recently upgraded PC's and as a result have Vista. Whenever I back up the BB to the PC using Desktop Mgr, or when I sync Cryptmagic, I get the Blue Screen of Death after the sync is complete.

I tried to download DM 4.2 to see if that fixed it, but the unzip file starts to run but then only shows an option to cancel or get more detail. The run button stays grayed out.

Any ideas on the original problem or the 4.2 problem?

Thanks,

Duck44

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Running backup with Desktop Crashes PC

Your original problem was probably caused by not having DM 4.2. You might try uninstalling your current DM and then download and install 4.2. Turn off antivirus before you install. Might also want to reboot before you download the file.

Thanks for your help. But unfortunately, it will not let me install 4.2. When I download it, I get an error about a missing msi file. When the setup window shows up, the setup option is grayed out.

I have removed the 4.1 software. I am not sure if there is an error with the 4.2 software on the BB site.

By the way, what is the difference between Desktop Software and Device Manager software? They are both 4.2 SP1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Duck44

It is fixed. What I ended up doing was downloading the update file and manually unzipping it. For some reason the self-extraction was bombing out. From the unzipped files I was able to manually install 4.2.

Once 4.2 was installed, no more crashes. Syncs fine.

Thanks for your help,

Duck44