I already had DM 4.2.2 installed on my laptop with Roxio. Never tried Roxio. I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rugmankc no está en línea Stack level 2

Roxio Media Manager Problem

Advertisement

I already had DM 4.2.2 installed on my laptop with Roxio. Never tried Roxio. I lost the standard modem that DM installs and I need that to tether my 8700g. I tried to reinstall DM 4.2.2, did not uninstall the original DM 4.2.2. Figured there would be two DM's and I could delete the first one. During download I did not get a temp file installed and Roxio did not complete the install. I now have the new DM dated today but the older Roxio Media Manager. The standard modem is now there. I can open DM and connect the 8700g OK. But, when I bring up Roxio, it does not see the 8700g to transfer any files. When I bring up the device manager it says com3 is disabled. If I try to enable and click on a speed setting it then says disconnected. I haven't tried to redo the tethering and I am not sure if Roxio Media Mananger is suppose to recognize an 8700g as opposed to the Curve. Is this a device manager problem? I tried reinstalling DM 4.2.2 twice. Still no completed Roxio install. Should I delete all DM's and Roxio and try again? Any ideas? I hope this makes sense to someone.

Thanks,

Ken

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Roxio Media Manager Problem

Did u try modifying ur install? Running the install program of the app u want to uninstall? That's how u have to uninstall roxisuck.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

On the first install I cancelled too early and that affected the temp files. I reinstalled in the repair mode. First time in the modify mode. Neither worked. I can't be certain Roxio ever worked, altough I got no problem notices when I first put it on the computer 31 July 2007. Also, There are shared files with the Roxio DM put on and the original laptop programs. Not sure how to uninstall only the DM Roxio. When I go into the folders some files are 31 July and some are before I got the laptop. Not sure how to do what you recommended.

Thanks,

Ken

One side note. When I first installed DM and Roxio in July, I had Windows Defender turned on. I now have it disabled. Don't see what difference that would make.

Ken

Resolved:

Clean uninstall per Blacberry removed all DM and Roxio Files. Reinstall worked. Roxio still doesn't see the 8700g. But, I believe based on forum comments, I need 4.2.2 on the BB as well as DM. BB still has 4.1.1. I don't need Roxio at this point. Only reason I needed new install of DM was to get the standard modem back for tethering. Does anyone have an 8700 with 4.1.1 and 4.2.2 on their PC? If so, does Roxio see the 8700?

Thanks,

Ken

Resolved 8700/Roxio connection question also. Further searching seems to confirm 8700 will not work with Roxio. Just thought it might acknowledge the device. Guess not.

Ken

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You are right, as I understand it unless you have upgraded to the Handheld S/W 4.2, any media Manager will give an error.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Rcbjr,

I haven't upgraded the handheld to 4.2.2 yet. Afraid of losing data during the backup then downloading process. Don't think I need any features from the 4.2.2. BB is working great as is.

Ken

BDClark no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2466B725

DM 4.2.2 won't recognize the 8700, if you want to transfer media files to your blackberry then downgrade to DM 4.2.1. Roxio sux. I have 4.2.2 on my handheld and DM 4.2.1 and the media transfer works just fine

Thanks Everyone

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks, this thread solved my questions about Roxio and the 8700 too.