Guys give me some help please. I see errone on the first few post got ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

louee6 no está en línea Stack level 3

Ringtones and Wallpaers without Data Plan

Advertisement

Guys give me some help please. I see errone on the first few post got it sucessfully. I have the simulator running fine. You guys say go to websites that have either ringtones or wal;papers but when i go into the simulator and hit browser, then homepage, then go, then i type in website like you say, all it does is requests all the way then it says Unable to connect. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss something here or what? Please people let me know!!! Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Ringtones and Wallpaers without Data Plan

Hi lou, sorry I dont use the method you are trying. Someone else will help shortly.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you have to download the MDS simulator also and have that program running when you use the browser or any other apps that require internet access

So +which program do I have running those pictures I posted then? I thought that was the Mds Simulator or is thatthe Handheld Simulator? I'm connected to the internet already, just can't figure out what the problem is! This crap is about to make me throw this Blackberry and break it all over a few ringtones....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

What service do you have? Could you just swap your sim card, if applicable, and download some ringers using someone elses data. Also, just call and get data added to your BB, and then cancel it after you download some stuff.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I think you have to have both the Handheld Simulator and the MDS simulator running, but I'm not sure. This is only going by what I have read. I don't need to use this method so don't have any experience with it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I currently have Tmobile and they have me on this stupd a@% smart access plan which I cant add it to my plan until January 1 when my contract is up. I asked earlier that the picture I posted are showing which simulator running? this crap sucks cause now i'm on the mission of finding someone with a blackberry and who has a data plan on their account. I wish really I didnt have to go through all this crap.

Guess no one whats to help right! I'll try again this way then, can someone just post here for me the mds simulator along with the BB simulator I need to get this crap running, and i'll just fugure it out on my own.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The pictures you show are the Handheld simulator. Do you have both the MDS simulator and the proper handheld running at the same time? Do you have access to the internet from your PC?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by louee6
    I thought that was the Mds Simulator or is thatthe Handheld Simulator?
    That's definitely not the MDS simulator. MDS is a background server process.

Thanks Takeshi for respomding. Can you post me a link to where I can get the Mds software so I can get rid of this ridiculuos headachetrying to install ringtones and wallpapers without this data plan. Wouldnt be going thru all this trouble if they just installed this crap on my plan but unfortunately the plan I have can't have it until my contract is up in January. Thanks again Takeshi, guess I need to have girl like features to get a quick response I see around here, but w/e...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Louee6, All you need for blackberry development can be found if you start at this page.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer