have 8700 and volume is very low have ringer volume set to high and it ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

emtolmo no está en línea Stack level 1

ringer volume

Advertisement

have 8700 and volume is very low have ringer volume set to high and it si not very loud my old 7100 is twice as loud can anybody help with this issue

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: ringer volume

welcome to the stacks, that doesn't sound right......is the ringer one of the preloaded ringers or something downloaded? and in your profiles your ringer is set for high? have you tried using the loud profile and setting the volume on high? if you recently recieved the device through your carrier i would suggest bringing it back and exchanging it or call your provider and see if they will send a new device to you. hope that helps

thanks the ringer is set to high and this is the second one att has sent and it is still not loud. the ringer is one the preloaded ones. i have tried the software update and turning up the speaker volume and nothing works.
    Last edited by emtolmo; 10-15-2007 at 12:11 AM.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

is it just that ringer that's quiet? try getting a new ringer and seeing if it works ok... you can find free ringers everywhere and it'd be silly to return the bb for a bad ringer... i'd do a little digging first.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

JFinley no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b296d0

does is have os 4.2 installed? This seems to be a common problem with os 4.2 on 87xx devices.

jaredronis no está en línea Stack level 1

My ringer has been much softer ever since I install 4.2

thanks and yes i do have os 4.2 loaded. i just ordered another 8700 from someone and hopefuly will have better luck with it. if not i think i will go with the curve and just dump the 8700 altogether.i work 24 hr shifts so if i dont get back to the posts quickly i am at work but thanks again for all the help with this problem.