Hopefully a pretty basic question, customer is complaining that 8700g is only ringing 3 times ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

pauljackson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Ring Time

Advertisement

Hopefully a pretty basic question, customer is complaining that 8700g is only ringing 3 times before ending call.

Can anyone advise how to increase the ring time on a 8700g?

Thanks

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request
    might be a carrier issue, you may want to contact them and see if there's a tower down in the area, depending on your location in reference to the tower it will affect how the phone receives signal

pauljackson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1
    might be a carrier issue, you may want to contact them and see if there's a tower down in the area, depending on your location in reference to the tower it will affect how the phone receives signal
    Sorry, I did not explain too well. It is 3 rings before voicemail, looking at other threads I presume I need a code from the carrier to increase Ring Time.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Number of rings before voicemail is independent of any wireless device (unless you press ignore, or turn on DND).

Some carriers offer a code which can be dialed from the handset to change the number of rings. Others may have this option available within the voicemail system itself. And still others will change it for you when you call customer service.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    pauljackson, Welcome to PinStack.

I would suggest that you have the customer call his carrier and ask them to extend the time berfore it rolls to Voicemail. They will either do it for him, or explain the process with his Voicemail system so that he can do it himself.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hi pauljackson, welcome to pinstack. As mentioned above a call to care is going to be the best bet. They will give you a definite solution. Let us know if we can help you further.