I put in a code that I saw about making the phone ringer longer before ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jindragon no está en línea Stack level 2

Ring Longer Tip Broke My Voicemail!

Advertisement

I put in a code that I saw about making the phone ringer longer before it forwards to the voicemail. Well, after that, when someone calls me and it gets the voicemail...it asks them for their password and phone number instead of asking them to leave a message for me.

Has anybody had this problem? Know a solution to it? I've already called Cingular customer service and they weren't able to help. They referred me to their tech department, but I am unable to call them until later this afternoon because the only phone I have is my blackberry. They want me to call from a different # so they can trouble shoot my #.

Well, I hope someone here can help out. Thanks!

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: Ring Longer Tip Broke My Voicemail!

Phone your provider, they can sort out your ringer duration remotely.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Have you checked your voicemail account yourself to make sure that it is set up properly. It could be coincidence that your account was reset when you changed your ring length.

xegesis no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm sure you have resolved your issue with this post being so long ago. But in case anyone else has a similar issue, make sure you have the right voicemail number.

I received the same error message because I keyed in the wrong voicemail box number while changing the ringer length.

If you go to your phone log, press the menu key, goto options, select call forwarding, you should see your voicemail box number listed 3x at the bottom, if busy- if no answer- if unreachable

Make sure the if no answer - number matches the other two.

That resolved my issue.

enviroman no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same issue and Cingular was able to help. When you put in the code did you notice a box come up briefly that said something about "forwarding"

Go in and check your 1. you voice mail number in the phone settings and 2. check the forwarding number that is set up for busy or no answer.

ONE TIP>>>>> Dont make your ringtone more than 25 seconds. The next setting is 30 secs and at tht length Cingular told me that it would use up a minute of airtime. Any connection to yor phone that last 30 seconds, even if you dont answer costs you a minute. This doesnt matter, obviously, if you have an unlimited voice plan.
    Last edited by enviroman; 05-14-2007 at 08:27 PM.