Does anyone ever get any help from RIM? I have contacted them on several occassions ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

andi968 no está en línea Stack level 1

RIM customer lack of service

Advertisement

Does anyone ever get any help from RIM?
    I have contacted them on several occassions with simple querys and always get the same replys and always passing the buck.
    Its time that they started helping indivuals and not try to sell you support.
    If you have recieved the same or simular reply to the one below please let me know. I will then forward all responses to lack of customer care its time to stand up and be counted.
    Andrew

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

You may have the option to receive fee-based support directly from Research In Motion, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please dial the appropriate telephone number below and enter option 3 in the phone menu to be routed to BlackBerry Customer Care.

If your organization has subscribed to BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please contact your IT department and have one of your named callers contact BlackBerry Technical Support.

Note: BlackBerry Technical Support Services is an annual subscription program providing software maintenance and technical support services for your BlackBerry solution. Named callers are personnel within your organization who are authorized to contact our support staff. For more information on BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please visit:

http://www.blackberry.com/support/tsupport/

All BlackBerry Smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. The BlackBerry Technical Solution Center provides a repository of support information, documentation and frequently asked questions, with enhanced search capabilities so you can easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need. Please visit:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/

Thank you again James for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Dean
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
    Email: help@blackberry.net
    Web: www.blackberry.com

RIM customer lack of service

Does anyone ever get any help from RIM?
    I have contacted them on several occassions with simple querys and always get the same replys and always passing the buck.
    Its time that they started helping indivuals and not try to sell you support.
    If you have recieved the same or simular reply to the one below please let me know. I will then forward all responses to lack of customer care its time to stand up and be counted.
    Andrew

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

You may have the option to receive fee-based support directly from Research In Motion, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please dial the appropriate telephone number below and enter option 3 in the phone menu to be routed to BlackBerry Customer Care.

If your organization has subscribed to BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please contact your IT department and have one of your named callers contact BlackBerry Technical Support.

Note: BlackBerry Technical Support Services is an annual subscription program providing software maintenance and technical support services for your BlackBerry solution. Named callers are personnel within your organization who are authorized to contact our support staff. For more information on BlackBerry Technical Support Services, please visit:

http://www.blackberry.com/support/tsupport/

All BlackBerry Smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. The BlackBerry Technical Solution Center provides a repository of support information, documentation and frequently asked questions, with enhanced search capabilities so you can easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need. Please visit:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/

Thank you again James for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Dean
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
    Email: help@blackberry.net
    Web: www.blackberry.com

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: RIM customer lack of service

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    They just pass the trouble ball to the carrier... Great deal?!n isn't it?

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

That's because RIM's customers are the cellphones carriers, not you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Unless you bought your BlackBerry directly from RIM, then your link to RIM's support desk is through your carrier. This is only normal since that is who you purchased your BB from. As Einherjer stated RIM's customers are the carriers not the user for the most part.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yup customer service isn't one of RIMs strong points. For BES it's another story but I think for the consumer the carriers and BB support sites are the best options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Unless you bought your BlackBerry directly from RIM, then your link to RIM's support desk is through your carrier. This is only normal since that is who you purchased your BB from. As Einherjer stated RIM's customers are the carriers not the user for the most part.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    I understand exactley what you mean Rcbjr but when yr carrier suggests you contact RIM direct it is the same response.
    Say for example you buy a Ford car and there is an issue the dealer you bought it from can not help you ...Who do you approach next? FMC or course because they designed develpoped and built the car! and should know every aspect of it inside and out.
    So in theory it is the same with RIM a end user should be able to contact them FOC with issues relating to their products.

I have bought a few second user BBs to test out software apps I am at present writing, at forst I bought them to test out BBs before I took the step of buying a brand new unit, after my expieriences over the past month with RIM it has made me decide not to buy a new unit as I feel my money is better spent elsewhere than a company that offers little of no support for the end user.

Perhaps if they were to employ someone like yr self oh wise one (I mean that as a compliment) with yr own forum then I may change my mind and take the step

Thank you oh wise one

Andrew

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Your carrier CS should have contacted RIM first to try to solve the problem and if necessary connected you to the RIM tech. This is the normal procedure and I have had excellent service from RIM tech services when my problem was escalated to them properly. I suggest that your rant should be directed at the carrier CS rep that directed you to contact RIM directly rather than try to solve your problem. But that probably has to do with your bypassing their sales than not following procedure.

Rcbjr

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Your carrier CS should have contacted RIM first to try to solve the problem and if necessary connected you to the RIM tech. This is the normal procedure and I have had excellent service from RIM tech services when my problem was escalated to them properly. I suggest that your rant should be directed at the carrier CS rep that directed you to contact RIM directly rather than try to solve your problem. But that probably has to do with your bypassing their sales than not following procedure.

Rcbjr
    Cingular pointed me to RIM even giving me the correct email address for the department.

Its not so much a rant as such but that is what a forum is for as well

Like a lot of PPL out there I only wish information was more easily available.

I can understand RIM not wanting to divulge information as in my eyes the products they market are 1st class its the support that is the only let down. The number of posts on this and every other BB forum in ref to OS version could be cut to nil say for example a search engine on BB site where you enter PIN and it tells you the latest OS available.

One can only be left wondering why RIM do not like to release tech details is it because they dont want various PPL producing software to unlock/flash their products? you only have to type Nokia in to a search engine and you are bombarded with downloads for unlock freeware.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Andi,

You mentioned you purchased the units to test software on. You may want to avoid the hardware technical support and go to the development side where they may be more receptive to helping you with your issue. No, I don't know a way to contact that division, but I am sure that there is an email or phone number somewhere for contacting them or contacting RIM in Canada directly and getting a number from the main operator for the people you need to talk to.

Zo.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by andi968
    I understand exactley what you mean Rcbjr but when yr carrier suggests you contact RIM direct it is the same response.
    Say for example you buy a Ford car and there is an issue the dealer you bought it from can not help you ...Who do you approach next? FMC or course because they designed develpoped and built the car! and should know every aspect of it inside and out.
    So in theory it is the same with RIM a end user should be able to contact them FOC with issues relating to their products.

I have bought a few second user BBs to test out software apps I am at present writing, at forst I bought them to test out BBs before I took the step of buying a brand new unit, after my expieriences over the past month with RIM it has made me decide not to buy a new unit as I feel my money is better spent elsewhere than a company that offers little of no support for the end user.
    Your carrier didn't escalate the matter properly. Had this been handled properly your matter would have been handled correctly. It's not surprising considering that at&t is your carrier. You really need to know how to "coach" their support reps as the quality of their training is really inconsistent and you never know if you're getting a knowledgeable rep until you've talked to the rep for a bit. In the future, directly ask them to escalate your call to RIM for you if they can't resolve a BB issue.

The support channels are there but they have to be used properly. You cite FMC as an example but FMC isn't RIM and their support setup is not the same even though you could consider Ford's dealer to be analogous to the various carriers (but the comparison is obviously limited in its validity). Work with the flow -- not against it.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-07-2007 at 01:13 PM.