Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all , i just purchased my 8703e bb and i have a question about ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

xcrskim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B6C256

RIM Blackberry Holster question.

Advertisement

Hi all , i just purchased my 8703e bb and i have a question about the holster that comes with it. Does it scratch / damage the BB ? Its preety hard to take out once its in the holster , whats the easiest and safest way to take it out of the holster ? Because im having trouble with taking my device out of the holster. Thanks in advance guys.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: RIM Blackberry Holster question.

I believe you're referring to the plastic holster that comes with it? The best way I've found to remove it is to put your thumb on top of the BB and then use your other fingers to lift it out of the holster. This keeps it secure so it shouldn't be dropped. I have never had a problem with the holster scratching the BB.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

My holster that came with my 7250 was that way when I first got it, but it has loosened quite a bit with use. I use my Forte flip case for it most of the time now....
    Lovellbird

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I've always found that the plastic holsters will scratch the Blackberry. If you're OCD about this sort of thing it will probably get to you. It has never really bothered me.

tmorrison no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e5e5e0

Make sure that you are not grabbing the holster from the sides. It would seem very natural to grab it from the flats on the side and pull.

If you look inside the holster you will see two little detents on each side to hold the blackberry in place. Any extra "squeeze" on the holster will lock it in.

jlambrig no está en línea Stack level 1

did the 8700c come with a holster? I don't remember getting one

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

My 8700 came with the plastic holster, early ones came with a holster with the cutouts on the sides. Newer ones were all solid. I haven't gotten any scratches from mine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sgtgarcia no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am using the original holster for my BB and it hasn't gotten scratched yet, going on the second week now. Time flies when you get your first BB! But i made sure to get a screen protector for it.

bapesta no está en línea Stack level 2

i got one with my 8700

The plastic holster will eventually scratch the sides of the back about 1/3 of the way up. On silver BB's those areas will turn black as the silver is scraped off. Looking at my 8700c it also seems to scratch the front in the same place as well.

Oli.Warbuckz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B57E3C

Your screen wil be safe from scratches in the holster,however the bottom area will get scratched up.

We've had plenty of scuffed 8700 screens from the plastic holster. It's just a matter of time without a screen protector.

Nakim21 no está en línea Stack level 2

I went ahead and invested in a leather case via eBay after I lost my first BB on the highway at a high rate of speed on my Gsxr 1000 at like 120 mph's. A car next to me told me I had lost it off my hip and I rode back and forth up the highway for about 2 hours when I didn't want to give up the search. So for about 12 bucks I have more piece of mind at 150 plus mph with my bb on my side. Need to invest in bluetooth gps

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

usually i just grip both ends and lightly tug and it comes right out of the holster (if its on my belt...

it does scratch the bb a little.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nakim21
    I went ahead and invested in a leather case via eBay after I lost my first BB on the highway at a high rate of speed on my Gsxr 1000 at like 120 mph's. A car next to me told me I had lost it off my hip and I rode back and forth up the highway for about 2 hours when I didn't want to give up the search. So for about 12 bucks I have more piece of mind at 150 plus mph with my bb on my side. Need to invest in bluetooth gps
    pockets???
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast