Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have been using my blackberry in one location (at work) all night and it ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

pspiegel no está en línea Stack level 2

resetting connection/no connectivity..

Advertisement

I have been using my blackberry in one location (at work) all night and it has been working great with uppercase EDGE showing the whole time and full signal. For some reason now, it is with full signal, but lowercase edge. Is there anyway to reset the connection so it allows me to get connectivity again? I have tried turning it off and on but that didn't seem to do it. I also posted this on BBForums but I really need my blackberry to keep me occupied through the night so hopefully someone here will have ideas too!

Could this be a problem with my unit, or a random t-mobile issue?

Thanks for all the help!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: resetting connection/no connectivity..

I just did the same thing with my 7105t. I also pulled the battery out and put it back in, but I had to wait for the signal to come back on its own. I have had the same issue with "GPRS" versus "gprs" twice already in 2 weeks. You're not alone. I think it's T-Mobile, but if it's my phone, I can't wait for next month LOL

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Mine lost edge tonight to...

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I just did the same thing with my 7105t. I have had the same issue with "GPRS" versus "gprs" twice already in 2 weeks. You're not alone. I think it's T-Mobile, but if it's my phone, I can't wait for next month LOL
    hmm, mine just happened tonight it was working fine then it went away... i am a bit concerned since this is a brand new phone..

Williamlc21, was yours working completely fine the rest of the time and all of a sudden about an hour or so ago just die? Or is yours like the EricaJ and has been working just off and on..

pbtakacs no está en línea Stack level 1

Im in kirkland WA and lost my EDGE, have edge now. might be t-mobile nightly work on the local cellular sites......they have to do it sometime! : ) *crosses fingers

Update: I just swapped the SIM card to my backup 7100t and still gprs.

Another update: I just got GPRS back on my 7100t and my 7105t. I think T-Mobile just decided to work on their towers when they thought no one was awake LOL

im checking with t-mobile right now.....I also happen to work for them

Quote Originally Posted by pbtakacs
    im checking with t-mobile right now.....I also happen to work for them
    thanks, i was just actually going to ask if anyone had called them... i would but i am at work... let us know what you find out!

Something is still up because I cannot log back onto RIM's Google Talk and Yahoo Messengers, or log onto the pinstack.com wap site (on my 7105t), even with a full signal.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Something is still up because I cannot log back onto RIM's Google Talk and Yahoo Messengers (on my 7105t), even with a full signal.
    yeah i have a full signal of lowercase edge.. but i only use it for data, so i want my uppercase EDGE!

gteague no está en línea Stack level 2

ck the bb forums. we're all out of service from coast to coast and in-between.

as i pointed out over there, we are in the traditional network/mainframe maintenance/change window.

/guy

You'd think we all just lost the ability to breath! Just spoke with the MAN and there is critical upgrade/issue market wide....ETR of 4hrs. THANK GOD! Our devices are ok!!!! *YEAH!

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

The speed of the EDGE network will depend on multiple factors, including network changes, traffic volume, service outages, technical limitations, signal strength, your equipment, terrain, structures, weather and the overall performance of the Internet. EDGE may be unavailable in certain areas. If EDGE is unavailable in a user’s service area, the user will experience GPRS performance/speeds.

In this case, I think it might be terrain structures. Are you able to get EDGE in caps outside of the building or at a different location?

You might want to Scan for Available Networks. In the device Options, click on Network. Set the selection Mode field to Manual. Click Scan for Available Networks. In the networks list, select the network, then press the trackwheel to Select Network.

Hope this helps. = )

BTW, welcome to pinstack!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Quote Originally Posted by pbtakacs
    You'd think we all just lost the ability to breath! Just spoke with the MAN and there is critical upgrade/issue market wide....ETR of 4hrs. THANK GOD! Our devices are ok!!!! *YEAH!

OIC, so its a t-mo issue. LOL phewww!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

This is only the 3rd time I've ever lost "GPRS" since I've had this phone (5 months) so it had to be T-Mobile doing something to the network.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast