A question guys. All of a sudden my 8707v wont start up. It has the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Leggie no está en línea Stack level 1

Reset doesnt work for my 8707V

Advertisement

A question guys. All of a sudden my 8707v wont start up. It has the hour glass then switches off with the red led staying on for about 10 seconds then keeps repeating itself. Ive tried the soft and hard reset but nothing works. The desktop manager doesnt recognize it either

ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    You are going to have to wipe your device. Do a search for jl commander and also read up on what to do when jl commander won't connect. Your device can be saved but your data won't be. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    You may have received an error code. Time to reload O/S back up again. refer to this:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    You may have received an error code. Time to reload O/S back up again. refer to this:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178
    If I reload the OS how will that help since the system doesnt recognize the phone. Sorry if thats a dumb question

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Follow the instructions in that link. It has worked many times for me with many devices

Quote Originally Posted by BBEnriched View Post
    You are going to have to wipe your device. Do a search for jl commander and also read up on what to do when jl commander won't connect. Your device can be saved but your data won't be. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thankyou, A couple of options now so I'll see how I go. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    Follow the instructions in that link. It has worked many times for me with many devices
    Cheers

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggie View Post
    If I reload the OS how will that help since the system doesnt recognize the phone. Sorry if thats a dumb question

If you follow the instructions it will show you how to get the desktop manager to recognize the device without a battery and then you will need to follow the instructions pretty much verbatim to get your blackberry back from the dead. I've done this method quite a few times now since I've learned of it and it works. The one thing I will say is that you need to be patient as it may take up to a couple hours for the desktop manager to recognize the device.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    If you follow the instructions it will show you how to get the desktop manager to recognize the device without a battery and then you will need to follow the instructions pretty much verbatim to get your blackberry back from the dead. I've done this method quite a few times now since I've learned of it and it works. The one thing I will say is that you need to be patient as it may take up to a couple hours for the desktop manager to recognize the device.
    Thanks mate. I'll let you know how it goes.