Hi. I'm new to the BB world and just purchased my BB8700c on ebay. Seller ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

moldycheese no está en línea Stack level 1

removing device/PIN from previous owners account

Advertisement

Hi. I'm new to the BB world and just purchased my BB8700c on ebay. Seller said it's never been used but he did call his cellular service provider to get the phone unlocked for me. I read on one of the guides that I should make sure that the device/PIN was removed from the sellers cellular account. Anyone know how I can do this?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: removing device/PIN from previous owners account

If it has never been used then it shouldn't be a problem. But, the seller needs to close out their BIS account, if they had one. That removes the PIN and IMEI from their account and releases it so you can set up your own BIS account. Some carriers will do it for you, other will want you to contact the previous owner. If you are gettign someone elses email, then you know it the BIS account needs to be closed.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: removing device/PIN from previous owners account

yep...the only way to really know is to go ahead with setting up your own BIS and when you enter the PIN it will tell you if it is usable or not...if it isn't, then the seller will have to contact the carrier and remove the PIN from his account.

no biggy...happens all the time

moldycheese no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: removing device/PIN from previous owners account

sounds easy enough, thanks guys.