So.... I've been sitting here for 2 days now trying to update my 8700g that ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Regarding an 8700g

Advertisement

So....

I've been sitting here for 2 days now trying to update my 8700g that I bought from ebay, it was locked with a policy which I've removed and so on. Now the problem is that I want to update it, from 4.1 to 4.2, but it wont work! :-)

It might be that I'm trying with a package from another company which has the supported language I want. The phone was a KPN phone (dutch company), but they havent released a new update since way back. Is there wany other way of installing the update from the company I want it from?

PS. When I start the desktop manager, it says that the blackberry doesnt have the blackberry software or something.. :-)

I really hope someone can help, I'm abit stuck and as I wrote, I've been looking for 2 days ;-)

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Regarding an 8700g

you can upgrade from any OS as long as you remove the vendor.xml file after you install the OS to your PC.

here is the latest OS

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ight=4.2.1.101
    Michael

I was about to write a long "I still cant get it to work" now, but then I just tried what you wrote and it works ;-)

Thanks a million Mikadad!

Another thing I just realized when using my new phone is that if I add someone in my phonebook, and I try to call them, I automaticly get the +31 infront of the number (which is in netherlands). Anyone who knows how I remove this feature? Because I'm in sweden and my swedish numbers are pointed to netherlands which wont do me any good ;-)

PS. I've allready changed the language in options. But I dont know where to go from here!
    Any help is much appreaciated!

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

go to PHONE> OPTIONS>SMART DIALING and change it in there
    Michael

Again, you solved my problems Mikadad :-)
    Thanks!